Lost all the map after the update — TomTom Community

Lost all the map after the update

KinnieKinnie Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 30 in MyDrive Connect
Oh the joys, My Drive informs me there is an update to my device ( GO6000 ), do the updates then I lose all the maps on the device!!

Comments

• divascodivasco Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I have the same problem on my GO 5200 WIFI, also lose the map europe on my device, i'll try and try, but nothing works exept for the map BENELUX. So i think there is something wrong with the updates. I send mail to TOMTOM and just wait for reply.
  • FulwellFulwell Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    The installation on my GO 5000 has stalled at 90% and I've also got the no maps installed message on reboot of the device.

Hopefully this info from The Maverick on another thread proves to be correct:

If you are trying today (22/11/2016 to download Europe and or USA large files, because currently they will fail. Tomorrow, after 24 hours you may have success. This applies to both GO5x00 and GO6X00 versions. The other map downloads are fine.

I have only posted this to save you time and not worry that your units are not working. The maps are currently corrupt, like they were in the previous version 975
    Thanks Fulwell !!:)
  • KinnieKinnie Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    As per divasco, thanks Fulwell, hopefully normal service will resume tomorrow, albeit I needed it tonight as i'm leaving on a long journey in 6 hours, oh well back to my own navigation :(
  • asmielecasmielec Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    i am having the same problem with the Go 50
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Unfortunately, we're currently having a problem with the v980 Europe map and it fails to install for some. We're rolling back the v980 Europe release for now and you'll be offered the v975 until we've found a solution to this.

You can install the v975 Europe map by first unistalling it with MyDrive Connect and then clearing the cache from the settings (country flag).

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you!

Cheers, Mikko

Update: The roll back of the v980 Europe and Western Europe (also affected) is still on-going. I'll keep you posted.
  • SceniccraigSceniccraig Posts: 13 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Me too, I now have a go50 that now can only be used as a paper weight, for a big company there update service is terrible, I will be definitely not be buying a TomTom again
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 631 Superuser
    Me too, I now have a go50 that now can only be used as a paper weight, for a big company there update service is terrible, I will be definitely not be buying a TomTom again
    The UK & Ireland map works fine - you can use that until they sort out Europe.

(insert political joke here...)
  • fincastle84fincastle84 Posts: 84 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    That doesn't work Mikko because as soon as I plug in my 6000 it tries to install Europe.
    I'm a naughty boy, I said something bad about the call centre in a country beginning with I.
    Mikko, I've deleted both the update and the Europe maps from my 6000 & emptied the download folder, the cache is no longer in the menu. How do I now install the older version?
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Please, see here for the latest about this issue.

@ fincastle84: Please, contact Customer Service. They can help you get this sorted :D It sounds like the agent you spoke to earlier wasn't aware of this issue yet but all agents should be up to speed by now.

Cheers, Mikko
    On my 2nd attempt with customer support the young lady in Pune allotted a UK & Ireland map to my account. This is now installed & at least I can now use my device. Pity it couldn't have been sorted out on my first call.
    Thanks Mikko, our comments crossed.
  • MW35MW35 Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    ffs..again!!!! I'm with out a map now,,, ive don't see the old map in my drive!!! ill NEVER buy a tomtom again!!!
  • deezzeedeezzee Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    GOING INSANE.................................PLEASE HELP!
    OK, had an older tom tom which when i updated crashed and burned so re bought the map pack for £40 quid and still NO WORKING SAT NAV, gave up. Bought the tomtom GO50 with lifetime maps. Tried to update yesterday but said not enough room delete info to make room which i did now I HAVE NO MAPS AT ALL. What is going on????????????
    How can i re-install the maps on my device without having to buy them. Someone pleeeeeeeese help me before i get a mallet and smash it to pieces.
    Sorry for the rant guys but its driving me nuts.
  • PeterBeSPeterBeS Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]

Ok, get that - so can we use the UK map to get from, say, Paris to Madrid? If not, then maybe change the journey - go to Newcastle from London. All sorted.
  • Neil600Neil600 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi i'm also having problems with the tom-tom go50, I'm trying for the first ever time today to install update on Europe map and it download to computer fine but won't upload to satnav as keeps erring out at 43%. do any know why? Plus now i have no maps at all and don't known what to do next, help please.
    Neil600 wrote:
    Hi i'm also having problems with the tom-tom go50, I'm trying for the first ever time today to install update on Europe map and it download to computer fine but won't upload to satnav as keeps erring out at 43%. do any know why? Plus now i have no maps at all and don't known what to do next, help please.

TomTom are (hopefully) working very hard behind the scenes to correct the corruption that has occurred in some of their larger maps. Unfortunately, the corruption has had the effect of removing a 'good map' and replacing it with nothing. For the time being the best you can probably do is to download smaller, country maps and wait for the impending TomTom fix.
    I have received a mail from customer support and they adviced me to install the "middle europe" map, and this works fine by me.
    They wrote me that the next update for the whole Europe map is in a few weeks.
  • MW35MW35 Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    PeterBeS wrote:

Ok, get that - so can we use the UK map to get from, say, Paris to Madrid? If not, then maybe change the journey - go to Newcastle from London. All sorted.

can't use UK MAP IT NOT ON MY MY DRIVE I ONLY HAVE EUROPE
    If you have the central Europe map it does not contain the UK. In order to have a map of Europe plus the UK (on the same map) you need either the 'Europe' or 'Western Europe' map. However, these seem to be currently corrupted for reasons only TomTom is aware of. If you need a UK map then download just the UK map, if your device allows this option.
  • steve_un18steve_un18 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Western Europe installed ok for me on my go 6200
  • PeedyexPeedyex Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Just bought a tomtom go 6200. Spent over £300. Have spent the last 48hrs trying to make it work having lost all maps. Finally downloaded UK and Ireland hoping a smaller download would work. It has. Now I find this forum and what is probably my problem. Why did I not buy a Garmin?
  • deezzeedeezzee Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    lol I'm thinking the same thing...Garmin here I come!