Smartphone Notifications?? — TomTom Community

Smartphone Notifications??

bmx911bmx911 Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
I want to confirm this article out of the India market is accurate. It is stating ..."watches also allow you to check phone notifications such as messages, calls, etc."

Read quote at:

http://www.gizbot.com/wearable-technology/features/tomtom-touch-adventurer-spark-3-fitness-trackers-launched/slider-pf67546-036303.html

...."Check Notifications and Stats on Smartphone All the watches connect to smartphones via TomTom MySports companion app. You can check your stats, view progress and share achievements with friends with the help of the app. The app displays performance statistics in graphical format to help you make sense of your activities and the effect they have on your body composition over time. Besides, the watches also allow you to check phone notifications such as messages, calls, etc."

Thank you!

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,575
    Superusers
    bmx911 wrote:
    I want to confirm this article out of the India market is accurate. It is stating ..."watches also allow you to check phone notifications such as messages, calls, etc."

Read quote at:

http://www.gizbot.com/wearable-technology/features/tomtom-touch-adventurer-spark-3-fitness-trackers-launched/slider-pf67546-036303.html

...."Check Notifications and Stats on Smartphone All the watches connect to smartphones via TomTom MySports companion app. You can check your stats, view progress and share achievements with friends with the help of the app. The app displays performance statistics in graphical format to help you make sense of your activities and the effect they have on your body composition over time. Besides, the watches also allow you to check phone notifications such as messages, calls, etc."

Thank you!

The watch does not currently offer phone notifications and I am not sure it is going to. It has been promised for a year and has never been implemented. The rest is true regarding the app but it doesn't connect in real time. Once you upload an activity you can view them on the app, but it is not streaming in real time. If the phone notifications is a vital feature for you, you may want to look at other devices that offer this option now. I would not count on it coming, you need to make your decision based on the features that are currently offered, and not what may come in the future. Go into it with the assumption that what is in the box is all there is and it will never be updated, to save setting yourself up with false expectations.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • DiegogbDiegogb Posts: 10 [Outstanding Explorer]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    bmx911 wrote:

Read quote at:

Thank you!

The watch does not currently offer phone notifications and I am not sure it is going to. It has been promised for a year and has never been implemented. The rest is true regarding the app but it doesn't connect in real time. Once you upload an activity you can view them on the app, but it is not streaming in real time. If the phone notifications is a vital feature for you, you may want to look at other devices that offer this option now. I would not count on it coming, you need to make your decision based on the features that are currently offered, and not what may come in the future. Go into it with the assumption that what is in the box is all there is and it will never be updated, to save setting yourself up with false expectations.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.

I hope Tomtom realise that not delivering this promise is detrimental to their future sportwatch sales. I belive the sales cicle in this devices is of 2 -3 years tops.
    if this update doesn´t come within this year Tomtom spark/ runner owners would switch brands for their next sport watch.
  • sophiasoph982sophiasoph982 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Most of the users are facing these kind of similar issues in their mobile phone or other gadgets as well. They can take all kind of fruitful advises are provided by error code 0x80070057 that will be fruitful for overcoming their issues easily.