Is there a way to improve color and contrast? — TomTom Community

Is there a way to improve color and contrast?

wisniakwisniak Posts: 100 [Prominent Wayfarer]
edited November 2018 in TomTom Bandit Action Camera
Hi,

I use the camera dring the day to film my flights (low altitude).
The video colors are quite washed out.
Last week I placed a gopro 5 next to the Bandit in order to compare and there was a marked difference in sharpness and color.
Please see here (the article is in Hebrew but the film is easy to find).

Is there any way to improve color via the camera's settings?
I already know that in frontal sunlight and/or relative low-light situations (such as near sunset) the video quakity is not good (I've posted about this in the past).
I know color improvement is doable via editing software post processing (I use Wondershare Filmora), but there are undesired side effects to this.
Gopro's software does not accept the Bandit's files so I can't compare.

Thank you.

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,172 Moderator
    Hi wisniak,

Sorry about the delay in response!

Unfortunately, there are no settings on Bandit camera to improve the color/sharpness. Although it has the 'Night' scene mode under SETTINGS>IMAGE which adjusts the camera exposure for low light conditions. Have you tried it?
    wisniak wrote:
    Please see here (the article is in Hebrew but the film is easy to find).
    I guess you missed the link here. Can you please post it again so that I can check and accordingly gather the feedback?

Thanks,
    lampard
  • wisniakwisniak Posts: 100 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Hi,

I've tried the low light option but it's only for low light, while I fly during the day.

Here's the missing link to the comparison between the GoPro5 and the Bandit. It's only a short clip and it's been heavily downgraded, but the sharpness and color quality are evident.
    I'm sitting as PIC in the right hand seat.
    http://www.htmag.co.il/article07613.html
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,172 Moderator
    Hi wisniak,

Thank you for sharing the link and it's nice to see Bandit under the wings! :D

I've logged this as an improvement request of Bandit camera for the product team.

Cheers,
    lampard
  • wisniakwisniak Posts: 100 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    The above link was unedited video by the article writer.
    If you look in my Youtube channel, you'll see my flight videos.
    In many cases the Moire effect can be seen while flying over plowed fields.
    The battery life is excellent. But it loses charge rather rapidly, even if not inserted in the Bandit.
    Overall I really like the camera but the video quality (including relative low light, filming against the setting sun in early afternoon) needs to be improved.