Wrong calculation of actual Pace - Page 2 — TomTom Community

Wrong calculation of actual Pace

2»

Comments

• BethovenBethoven Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Runner 1 was much more accurate in instant pace than the Spark (Runner 2). Really disappointing watch. Hopefully I can get my money back.
  • FreshPaceRunnerFreshPaceRunner Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Exact same problem here. Actual pace is totally wrong. Very disappointed about TomTom. I will contact TomTom with a link to this topic. If they won't answer in time, I will write appropiate review on Amazon, tell my friends and won't ever buy/recommend TomTom ever again.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,644
    Superusers
    Exact same problem here. Actual pace is totally wrong. Very disappointed about TomTom. I will contact TomTom with a link to this topic. If they won't answer in time, I will write appropiate review on Amazon, tell my friends and won't ever buy/recommend TomTom ever again.
    Since TomTom has left the wearables market and is no longer producing new devices they likely don't care if you buy one of their products again. A bit of homework done in advance of your purchase would have told you of this issue, which is not unique to TomTom, my Garmin also is awful at instant pace. Contacting them will also make little difference as there is nothing to be done, it is not a warranty issue, you just don't like their algorithm. Best to return it and move on to another brand or just move onto another brand (but do your homework first as again this is not a TomTom only issue).
  • spongy bobspongy bob Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    This watch is completely useless for speed work.

My experience with the Spark3 is this:
    • Original wrist band broken after a few weeks.
    • Watch not holding charge. Took 3 months, repeated messaged with support, a wrong model received, before I eventually got a Spark3 back.
    • Now that I'm starting to do serious speed work, I'm facing the issue everyone's talking about here: this watch is just useless when it comes to doing speed work.
    • Impossible to prepare programs from the app. Impossible to transfer programs other than using the Windows or MacOS app. Great for people who use neither.
    This watch is crap and this brand is crap. I deeply regret ever buying this product and I will never ever buy any Tomtom product again.
  • coriencorien Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    When I read all this, Tomtom true information on tempo/speed is presented only
    • at the end of a lap/interval/km, being the actual speed at that moment.?
    • via tomtomsports the 'rounds'table displays correcct speeds/
    • via Strava there is a graph displaying the actual tempo afterwards?

Laptimes and interval info at the ends is fine with me. So I now have to switch to strava to analyse details. And ignore the tomtom graphs. That works for me for now.