Map on VIA 52 but not on MyDrive Connect to update

holden4thholden4th Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 6 in Map installation
I've just bought a VIA 52 and while I have three maps on the device (Australia, New Zealand and SE Asia) only the last two seem available for update. Is this the case or are there no updates for Australia and that's why it's not showing.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,135 Superusers
    Australia is NOT showing in the 'Content' tab of MyDriveConnect?

Call support then:

Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST
  • websharkwebshark Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I had the same issue and called support.

The support agent had to "manually assign the Australian map to my device in the backend". It then appeared in the MyDrive connect app.

They also said 9.8 maps have a bug so update only to 9.75 until notified
  • RobMcGlinnRobMcGlinn Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Did your issue get resolved?
    I just purchased a VIA 52 today and have the same issue. No Australia map appearing on MyDrive connect so I can't update it.
    I tried to ring support today but they were closed (daylight savings time here in QLD)....
    Thanks in advance....
    What map is on the device when you go to Maps in the menu? You may need to call support when they are open.
    Okay, so you do have an Australia map but, apparently, outdated.

Please call support when open................
    Apparently from my research on this, this is a big issue here in Australia in that there is a major software fault with MyDrive Connect and the latest version of the v 980Australia map is not compatible with the unit. I just read one poor customer's attempts to have the issue rectified... and after reading it I am simply going to take it back to the retailer for a refund under Australia's (Australian Consumer Law) guarantee. This unit does not provide the latest map as advertised.... a pity really as it looks like a good GPS...
    http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2590164
    Did you confirm that problem still exists when you called support???
    Yes problem still exists. They manually updated me to version 9.75 but MyDrive Connect didn't show that lifetime map updates for Australia were enabled. When I contacted support again they assured me that all "should" be working by the next map update in February but that is not good enough so I took it back today for a refund.... I don't recommend anyone purchase this unit....