Lap Splits on MySports — TomTom Community

Lap Splits on MySports

Kaleb999Kaleb999 Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
My TomTom Sports Cardio watch accurately counts my swim workout laps (70 in 25 yard pool) and distance (1 mile) but when data transfers to MySports App the 100 yard splits times are way off and not enough of them. For every 1 mile swim it consistently shows 15.6 individual splits of 100 yards. Quick math shows this to be well short of the 1760 yards needed for a mile. I want accurate 100 yard splits, is there anything I can do? (watch is set to accurate pool length.)

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,312 Moderator
    Hi Kaleb999,

Welcome to the Community & sorry about the delay in response! :)

I can see that your watch still has the old software version 1.3.203 installed on it. I would advise you to update the software to the latest v1.3.250 via MySports Connect and give it a test run again to see if there's an improvement.

Should you still experience this issue? please contact the customer support and get this reported. You can click on the 'Contact us' option at the bottom of this page to do so.

Cheers,
    lampard
  • Stuart McDonaldStuart McDonald Posts: 759 [Exalted Navigator]
    Kaleb999 wrote:
    My TomTom Sports Cardio watch accurately counts my swim workout laps (70 in 25 yard pool) and distance (1 mile) but when data transfers to MySports App the 100 yard splits times are way off and not enough of them. For every 1 mile swim it consistently shows 15.6 individual splits of 100 yards. Quick math shows this to be well short of the 1760 yards needed for a mile. I want accurate 100 yard splits, is there anything I can do? (watch is set to accurate pool length.)
    Hi. I believe this is a problem with the MySports website not converting yards and meters when displaying these values. I've raised a defect against the website.
    Regards,
    Stuart.
  • joewrasjoewras Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Add me to the list who has this problem. I think Kaleb and Stuart are exactly correct, it is the web site.

Stuart, any news on this? It is very irritating! I was thrilled to get my Tom Tom as a Christmas gift. I set the watch to yards and all looked good. Aside from an occasional "extra lap counted," the watch works well in my lap swim. I was watching my 100yd splits and they were a second or two under 2 minutes (normal for me). I get home, look at the data on the web, and my splits are like 2:20. WHAT??? I knew right away it was meters because sometimes I swim meters too. It would be really nice to get this correct.

I know TomTom is based in Europe so there's a meter bias. But this is pretty simple!

Some other day I might complain about it always resetting to 24 hr display mode, but that's trivial compared to the wrong measurement being displayed versus calculated on the web site.