Rider 40 multiple destinations — TomTom Community

Rider 40 multiple destinations

954dk954dk Posts: 292 [Master Traveler]
edited January 30 in RIDER
Hi,
On my Urban Rider I was able to force waypoints as destinations.
This is very important when riding e.g. in Norway in isolated areas and missing a specific gas station is a "No Go".

Is it or will it be possible in a future upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi 954dk,

Welcome to the forum!

I'll log this as an improvement request for the product team. Meanwhile, you can e.g. re-order or skip stops on your route.

Cheers, Mikko
  • 954dk954dk Posts: 292 [Master Traveler]
    Hi Mikko and thanks for welcoming me.

I'll really appreciate this.

Untill you have a fix, the future routes will be cut, so that the gas stations are final destinations.
    All though it's "not good enough".

Have a nice evening.
  • the-civviethe-civvie Posts: 545 [Exalted Navigator]
    Another way to do it is to use MyRoute-App or Tyre (I have never used it) and set up you route including all stops. Import to the Rider 40 as a track therefore the Rider will go to each stop and notify you
  • BoarderBoarder Posts: 107 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    The problem lies with tomtom' a new thinking on waypoints. They now insist on calling them stops which implies that they are thinking in terms of a delivery driver. Motorcyclists need way points to shape the route to ride the roads they want to. A day's ride could include a small number of destinations, but will involve many waypoints that don't do anything but force the route along desired roads. I'd like to be able to see how far/how long to an intermediate destination such as a ferry crossing. All this was possible on the Rider 2. Come on tomtom make 2017 the year that the rider 400 catches up with the functionality you had 10 years ago! Listen to your customers more and your accountants less.
    Thanks for your replys.
    The fact, that the Rider 4xx handles the waypoints as destinations and not as mentioned above is really annoying. I still have my Urban Rider and it's much more functional.

As it is now, I only see two options:
    1. Cut the route in several parts via Tyre

2. Sell the Rider and continue using my Urban Rider

Even worse: Three of my travel mates as really unsatisfied with their Rider 400'so. On our last one week tour in Harz, Germany they were totally depending on my Urban Rider because their Rider was so weird.
    They just gave up.
    I have done 3 long trips in Ireland and created my route on MyRoute-App. I then imported the route to my 400 using their importer app (subscription). I imported the gpx and use Track-(filename) and find that it routes me exactly as I wanted.
  • BoarderBoarder Posts: 107 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I've no problems with the routing. Been through France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium etc it is the inability to set intermediate destinations that is dissapointing. Worked fine on previous models. It is part of the dumbing down to be the same platform as the cars.
    Hi and thanks for your comments!

Please note, that the topic is about forcing waypoint/s as intermediate destinations, when using ITN :)

An alternative could be, when using GPX files, to add intermediate stop point/s to the track.
    But IMHO ITN is much easier to edit "on the run" e.g. if roads suddenly are blocked or the guys decide to get an icecream somewhere :D
    OK, I was offering a solution that works for me. However, I will say that yes if you decide to look for a shop along the route for an icecream then the ability to add a new stop is poor. I prefer GPX over ITN, I did not realise that ITN worked with the 400 series
    No problem :)

ITN certainly works, but you cannot share ITN'so from the Bluetooth menu.
    Another way of doing this could be selecting destinations/points as SPECIAL point with another icon from the "..." menu.

That's simple :)
    Forgot to insert picture
    Please don't hijack the topic :)
    It looks like everything that should be said, allready has been said in this old topic.

Unfortunately there has been no progress and the topic has been locked for replies What a shame:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/rider-51/editing-routes-on-the-rider-400-999605
    I would like to give you my suggestion on how to improve things in future software release.

Setting up routes (ITN) should IMHO be as follows:

Start point
    ......Waypoint
    ............Stop
    ............Stop
    ......Waypoint
    ......Waypoint
    Destination

The waypoints should be both selectable and insertable as today from the map via "..." pop-up menu and from within the main menu with the possibility of either selecting "Add Stop" or "Add Waypoint".
    Alternatively to simplify things, switching between the two type og stops could be from the "..." menu.
    d785c9dc-dc9a-43f9-9521-43852f0e380a.jpg

The audio guidance could be something like:
    "Arriving at planned Stop" and "Passing your Waypoint".

In the menu bar there should be added a new icon for the (Intermediate) Stop as shown in the picture and the distance should also be displayed as well as the waypoints.
    The icon displayed in the top left corner should also switch between stops and destination.
    23e0f8f6-1980-4cef-9943-ec5e950aceaa.jpg

The Tomtom Go for Android devices allready uses Waypoints and a final Destination, so by adding the above, would align the software and usability a lot!

I really think it could solve a lot of the issues :)
    It has been 5 months since I started this topic.

Therefore I'll like to ask the TomTom support team:
    Are you going to implement the ability of creating intermediate stops to the routes?

As of today all waypoints are announced as destinations.
    You could just give us the ability of selecting, which ones should be announced. That's an easy fix ;)

It'll be really neat and appreciated :)
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi 954dk,

Unfortunately, we can't really answer that kind of questions here. We generally don't comment on future releases as things may change and we don't want to raise expectations we may not be able to fulfil. That being said, we read and log everything here on the forum and report feedback to the relevant teams. So keep your feedback coming! :D

Cheers, Mikko
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply.

I´ll still be looking forward and hoping, you will implement this functionality.
    It will indeed make the Rider a lot better, than it is today.