9 Hole Score TomTom Golfer 2 — TomTom Community

9 Hole Score TomTom Golfer 2

JCR1962JCR1962 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
Hi , Just bought a Golfer 2 Watch and wondering how I record a nine hole round ? in other words what do I do after leaving the 9th Green if I want to close off the round at that point

thanks

Comments

• ljbd999ljbd999 Posts: 12 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I too would like an answer to this.
    It affects your statistics giving the wrong average putts per round.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,902
    Community Manager
    You should be able to end the round by moving left.
    Yes this will close the live round but it generates no score against par and will calculate your putts against 18 holes.. not 9.
    So your average putts per hole is wrong :-/
    Community Manager
    ljbd999 wrote:
    Yes this will close the live round but it generates no score against par and will calculate your putts against 18 holes.. not 9.
    So your average putts per hole is wrong :-/
    I need to check with the product manager if this is the intended behaviour. This could be a bug. :(
    Community Manager
    We have tested this now and for us the number of putts is calculated correctly. The number of putts is divided by 9 rather than 18 to get an average.
  • RoelHollandRoelHolland Posts: 25 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    1. Holes that are not played are included in the calculation of "greens in regulation". That does not make sense. If I play only 9 holes of a 18 holes course and do all in regulation, then the stats says I only did 50%. The app knows I did not play the holes (no stroke/put recorded). So the proposal is to base statistics on actually played holes. Also in the overall analysis.

2. Average puts per round is also not a valuable measure in the overall analysis, because it does not distinguish 18 holes courses from 9 holes courses, let alone whether you played all holes (see point 1 above). It would be more useful to track average puts per hole, based on actually played holes.
    This is the problem I am having also.
  • Golfer2DisapointmentGolfer2Disapointment Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    What is Modbreak?
    Modbreak doh!
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,142 Moderator
    What is Modbreak?

You can find more information about the Modbreak here: https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/the-lounge-39/forum-stuff-1000406

Cheers,
    lampard
    Still no resolution yet...
    Also I played 18 holes at a 9 hole course recently and it would not let me continue on to the 10th hole. .. I had to start another 9 hole round.
  • andy999andy999 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    This topic is very relevant to me.
    My local course is 9 holes, and if I want to play 18, I have to end the round and start a new one.
    Surely this must have occurred to the developers?
    Is there any way to continue a round after the first 9 holes?
    The developers are route finding cartographers not golfers.
    It seems that Tom Tom has no answer to this or are simply ignoring the problem... Along with our comments. Very dissapointed.
    Keep plugging away
  • Cor1966Cor1966 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The average number of putts is not correct when recorded a nine hole round.
    When you look in the history for the one round it is ok, but if you look into the analyses option on your smartphone it is not correct.

I have played one 18 holes round (40 putts), and two nine holes rounds both with 18 putts. According to my smartphone the average number of putts for me is 25.3. Which is (40 + 18 + 18) / 3 = 25.3. Offcourse this should be (40 + 18 + 18) / 2 = 38.

So my statistics are messed up, unfortunately only solution is to delete the nine hole rounds.

Is this issue registered for adjustment of the software?

Thanks,
    Cor.
    I have been waiting for a year for this to be addressed and still nothing
  • ColherColher Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Same problem here. Terrible product and terrible post round analysis. Not at all what it "says on the box".
    Playing only 9 holes gives me scores of -40 etc since there is no way to only play 9 holes.
    Putts are also not transferred from the watch to the app.

What a waste of money!

TomTom does not seem to care at all about fixing this and providing a real golf watch.

Pointless and disappointing.
  • ironFrankironFrank Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    same here. I am soon to quit using tomtom devices. This programming is so bad, I cant believe. It is not hard to program such little things. Even tee shot deletion or maintaining after the round in the app is not possible.

On that way all statistics are useless.
  • Wilco7Wilco7 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    When will this be solved?
    The app is useless because the numbers aren't right.
  • JasviperJasviper Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Does anyone have any update on this ? I got one for Christmas and am not having this problem. Noting has been resolved