Manual Laps Error Runner3

Migl
Migl Registered Users Posts: 5
Neophyte Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hello, i wlould like to know if Tomtom is thinking in changing the manual laps trigger from the touch screen to the fisical button on the watch?
Because i do splits of 400m with manual lap on and when is raining or im sweating the touch screen doesnt trigger or trigger laps when im not touching the watch.
Does anyine know if Tomtom is doing something to resolve this issue?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    Migl wrote:
    Hello, i wlould like to know if Tomtom is thinking in changing the manual laps trigger from the touch screen to the fisical button on the watch?
    Because i do splits of 400m with manual lap on and when is raining or im sweating the touch screen doesnt trigger or trigger laps when im not touching the watch.
    Does anyine know if Tomtom is doing something to resolve this issue?

They would appear to not be. This has been an issue since the first generation of the watches 3+ years ago and has not been changed. With just the 4 buttons and no ability to combine presses as it is a rocker button they are limited as all the directions are already mapped out for other things, so you would be to lose functionality to do it. I am not sure the amount of users inconvenienced by it is high enough to make the demand strong enough to influence their priority and move it up the list. This is an issue with all touchscreen devices unfortunately so unless they get rid of the touchscreen altogether it will continue to be an issue we will have to live with.

TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.
  • Migl
    Neophyte Traveler
    Hi,
    Yes i understand but in the mode stopwatch we can use button right to trigger a new lap, so they could use that to do the same for the manual lap right?
    is just a software/firmware problem simple to resolve i think
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    Migl wrote:
    Hi,
    Yes i understand but in the mode stopwatch we can use button right to trigger a new lap, so they could use that to do the same for the manual lap right?
    is just a software/firmware problem simple to resolve i think

No, because in all other activities that is used to get to detailed HR data in the Spark as well as the compass and trails on the Spark3. It is already taken. If they haven't changed it in 3+ years, they are not going to change it now.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Migl
    Neophyte Traveler
    Ok thanks.
    I think im gone return the spark3 that i bought a week ago, i need a watch that maks my split when i want. im thinking one the 235 garmin
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    Migl wrote:
    Ok thanks.
    I think im gone return the spark3 that i bought a week ago, i need a watch that maks my split when i want. im thinking one the 235 garmin

Your call, just do your homework to make sure you are not giving up other features you may want. DCRainmaker.com is a great resource for reviews.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • mpnunes
    mpnunes Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler