My GO 520 can't access wi-fi

Jinoo83
Jinoo83 Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I bought TomTom Go 520 yesterday.

I had update just 1 hour ago and than I can't access wifi now.

I used wifi before update.

What's hppening???

-Application version
16.402.0083.411 (0) (27/10/2016)

Comments

• Tallorder24
    Tallorder24 Registered Users Posts: 52
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Mine has the same issue since updating.
  • dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
    Superuser
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds. If that doesn't help, call support:

Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • Madboy
    Madboy Registered Users Posts: 1,785
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Have you tried "forgetting" the WiFi connection on the 520 and then re-adding it?

Regards

Madboy
  • Tallorder24
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Madboy wrote:
    Have you tried "forgetting" the WiFi connection on the 520 and then re-adding it?

Regards

Madboy
    mm

Yes, still cant get wifi to come up? Everything was working before the update was installed.
  • MikkoK
    MikkoK Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Thanks for flagging this!

I've forwarded this to our technicians. I'll post back here as soon as I hear from them.

Cheers, Mikko
  • Chris
    Chris Registered Users Posts: 934 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Can you provide a more detailed description of what is happening on your device, is the Wi-Fi connection no longer listed on the Wi-Fi menu or are you getting an error message when trying to connect to the Wi-Fi network? A picture of what you are seeing would be a great help too.

Also please note that when the TomTom GO Wi-Fi devices are connected to a PC via a USB cable Wi-Fi is disabled as the device will use the internet connection of the PC instead.

We don't see any issues on the devices we updated here.
  • Tallorder24
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Chris wrote:
    Can you provide a more detailed description of what is happening on your device, is the Wi-Fi connection no longer listed on the Wi-Fi menu or are you getting an error message when trying to connect to the Wi-Fi network? A picture of what you are seeing would be a great help too.

Also please note that when the TomTom GO Wi-Fi devices are connected to a PC via a USB cable Wi-Fi is disabled as the device will use the internet connection of the PC instead.

We don't see any issues on the devices we updated here.

I had the go 520 and changed it for the go 5200, Im not updating it because after updating the go 520 wifi stopped working, the unit works fine and will leave it like that.
  • Jinoo83
    Jinoo83 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thank for everyone.

I fixed after few times drum reset.

Anyway this is really stupid problem.
  • Chris
    Thank you for the responses but I still don't have a clear picture of what issue you actually experienced. As I said in my last post can you provide a more detailed description of what is happening on your device, is the Wi-Fi connection no longer listed on the Wi-Fi menu or are you getting an error message when trying to connect to the Wi-Fi network and if so what does the message say? And can you confirm that when this is happening the device is not connected to a computer.
  • Tallorder24
    Prominent Wayfarer
    When i updated the go 520 to the new software, the wifi list would be empty and this would be with no connection to the computer. I tried doing drum roll resets but it would not populate the wifi list and in the end returned it as it was not usable, I am too scared to upgrade my go 5200 now incase i have the same issue.
  • Tallorder24
    Prominent Wayfarer
    It would be good if you could choose what the tomtom updates individually like you could on the old tomtoms.
  • Chris
    It would be good if you could choose what the tomtom updates individually like you could on the old tomtoms.

You can, next to each update is a toggle switch that allows you to choose which updates you install. Only Software Updates are mandatory.
  • Tallorder24
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Chris wrote:

You can, next to each update is a toggle switch that allows you to choose which updates you install. Only Software Updates are mandatory.

What about if you only want to update maps and cams. Like on mine everything works and dont want to update the software but just would like to update the maps?
  • Chris
    Software Updates are mandatory.
  • Daniel-San
    Daniel-San Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    Hi there,

Just to follow up; I seemed to have the exact same problem as Jinoo.
    I had manually added my network(it's not broadcasted) with a WPA2 security.
    Worked just fine until the update, then after it would still have the network in the list, but couldn't connect.
    It would authorize and try to get an ip, then just go back to "saved"(I'm translating that from Danish) and nothing would happen.
    But, just as with Jinoo's issue, mine was solved with the drum reset and it connected just fine after having been turned on again. :)
  • alistarsmith
    alistarsmith Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    My HP Laserjet Pro M1136 printer also not connecting to my Wi-Fi properly. I have contacted to HP printer support for this issue but can't find any solution by them. I just want to help me please ASAP.