Broken strap (TomTom Spark Music+Cardio Small Black HP Bundle)

SparkMusic
SparkMusic Registered Users Posts: 6
Master Explorer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hello,

My watches strap broke like a month ago, I fixed it with some glue, but a couple days after, the strap broke again. By now it`s broken in 2 places and there is no possibility to wear it or even fix it.
I believe that my watches are still under warranty (bought in December 2015)
I have tried to contact tomtom support on their site, but got no answer... Really disappointing(

I wonder if my watches are still under warranty?
And what about a strap quality? .... Is it suppose to get broken so fast?...

Thanx.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    SparkMusic wrote:
    Hello,

My watches strap broke like a month ago, I fixed it with some glue, but a couple days after, the strap broke again. By now it`s broken in 2 places and there is no possibility to wear it or even fix it.
    I believe that my watches are still under warranty (bought in December 2015)
    I have tried to contact tomtom support on their site, but got no answer... Really disappointing(

I wonder if my watches are still under warranty?
    And what about a strap quality? .... Is it suppose to get broken so fast?...

Thanx.

They should be covered under warranty (one year in most countries). They do seem to be having quality issue with some straps, I wonder if there was a bad production batch or something. Mine have held up fine for over a year. I never take it out of the strap which limits the twisting of the band. It is actually designed so that it can be docked without removing the strap, the dock slips between the watch and the strap.

You should be calling support, not emailing as emails are easily ignored. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • SparkMusic
    Master Explorer
    Thank you for your help!
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    SparkMusic wrote:
    Thank you for your help!

Glad I could help. When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.
  • SparkMusic
    Master Explorer
    Update:

I got a reply from the support and were told that they do not have any small black straps right now but will get them in the end of the month and send me one as a replacement. Fair enough.
    I`m going to post an update to this topic as soon as I get the replacement.
    Hope it won`t take more than one month.
  • SparkMusic
    Master Explorer
    Okay, it is December 1 and I still haven`t got my replacement... Not nice at all((
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,966
    Hi SparkMusic,

Sorry about the inconvenience!

I've sent Customer Service a heads-up to get back to you on the incident you have started. The representative will be in touch with you.

Thanks,
    lampard
  • SparkMusic
    Master Explorer
    Thanx for your attention, but this is not enough. The support keeps feeding me with promises and nothing is happening! I was told I`d get my replacement in the end of November, now they are telling me I`ll get the strap by Christmas! Really? What`s going on here? I`ve been waiting for almost TWO months! So if I don`t get it in a week I`ll ask for a refund as I can not use my watch without strap. I`ll never buy anything from TomTom anymore. Thanx for awful service!
  • MHobbs
    MHobbs Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have had the same problem with my son's watch. We bought it in Dec 2015 and the strap broke a few months ago. He hasn't been able to use it at all. We have tried to glue it together without success. Can you please let me know what to do from here. Thank you.
  • SparkMusic
    Master Explorer
    MHobbs wrote:
    I have had the same problem with my son's watch. We bought it in Dec 2015 and the strap broke a few months ago. He hasn't been able to use it at all. We have tried to glue it together without success. Can you please let me know what to do from here. Thank you.

Hello.
    Sorry to hear this. But I believe you can do the same as I did. I wrote to Customer Support (or use Contact/ E-mail Us form) a letter describing what happened. Watches are under warranty and TomTom must send you a replacement. Actually I was offered a whole watch replacement during 7-10 days but I refused because I wanted just the strap replacement.
    I solved my problem, but had to wait for almost 2 month for the replacement. By 21st of December I got my new strap.
    All the best to you and good luck!
  • arieslayno
    arieslayno Registered Users Posts: 5
    Master Traveler
    I went to search for a replacement strap before mine completely broke an dwould render the device unusable; yes, I agree, the straps are of very low material. But the service I got was excellent, they sent the strap after I sent them an email at Customer Support, they sent the starp at my California address, a few days after I reached out to them. Now, all I have to do is wait in March (That was in February, 2017) for my nephew to bring it to me in PI.
  • Roan
    Roan Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    My strap actually broke on the exact same spot (loop where strap goes through itself). I also phoned the customer service line. A very friendly lady assisted me and told me the delivery would take give or take 15 working days. Its been two months and I haven't received my strap yet...
  • cdsmythe
    cdsmythe Registered Users Posts: 6
    Master Explorer
    Tomtom Replaced mine fortunately but now the replacement has broken! :(
    Seems to be a clean snap on the clasp.
    See photo