Why does my watch always lose the quick GPS option? — TomTom Community

Why does my watch always lose the quick GPS option?

brymoss1021brymoss1021 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
If i dont have the quick GPS option my GPS is terrible. The problem is that i always lose that option. It seems like every day i have to synch up my watch to the computer. Sometimes I synch it up, walk outside and then the Quick Gps is off again and i have to run back in and synch again. Its pretty annoying and i am afraid this will happen on the day I have the Marathon. Please help!

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,816
    Superusers
    If i dont have the quick GPS option my GPS is terrible. The problem is that i always lose that option. It seems like every day i have to synch up my watch to the computer. Sometimes I synch it up, walk outside and then the Quick Gps is off again and i have to run back in and synch again. Its pretty annoying and i am afraid this will happen on the day I have the Marathon. Please help!

The QuickGPS file should last for three days, so you have to sync at least this often. The file is not required for the watch to work, it just makes satellite attainment faster (a few seconds versus a minute or so). If yours is never updating you may want to call Customer Support to ask them about it (it could be something in your account settings), but I would try a factory reset first in case it is just an issue in your firmware install.

To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the watch to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select Factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided, giving the watch the same name and using the same email address. When prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Fernando GGFernando GG Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Hi. I'm in the same situation. Gps is not working too often.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0