Charging station POI's for electric cars — TomTom Community

Charging station POI's for electric cars

QunaraiQunarai Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
Hello guys

Simce august i am driving in an electric car. And i was thinking if there could be an option where you can find/see charging stations for electric cars.

best regards

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,155 Moderator
    Hi Qunarai

Welcome to the forum:)

Which app are you using- Go mobile Android or Go mobile iPhone?

Regards
    Vikram
  • QunaraiQunarai Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    i am currently using Go mobile Android
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,155 Moderator
    Hi Qunarai

Thanks for coming back!

The GO Mobile Android app includes inbuilt POI's for electric charging stations and you can find more information about this in the user guide here

Also check the steps to see how you can plan a route to a POI

Hope this helps:)

Regards
    Vikram
    Dear Vikram

I have checked in my TomTom GO about it but i cant find any charging stations on any city. Is this only available in surtain countrys? my country is Belgium.

best regards
    Qunarai
  • aifolaifol Posts: 11 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I don't have an electric car but I would not find any too, including the Tesla charger no matter the name used for the search (in french) "charger, recharge, electric..." .
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,181 [Revered Voyager]
    I have found just one single Electric Charging Station POI in all the the GO Mobile maps of Europe and North America. That one was in the White Marsh shopping mall around 12 miles NE of Baltimore Maryland USA.
    I have other apps that help me find them but when i ask for the route tomtom go just says; we cant find it and i have to type the address manualy
  • StomStomStomStom Posts: 630 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    VikramK wrote:

The GO Mobile Android app includes inbuilt POI's for electric charging stations

BENELUX map here: Only shows one POI in NL using 'Oplaad' or 'Charge' (in the 'spanner'-category) and then about ten places in NL as well as BE using "Tesla" (in the 'car'-category) that _propably_ have a charging facility.

So a LIE and even an elaborate one by first asking 'which app the customer is running', as if that would matter. Why for Gsake?
    Only because the manual says so?
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Thanks for all your feedback about this!

As the manual says we do have electric car charging station POIs on the map. You can also find them in the MapShare Reporter. However, for some reason most of them don't seem to show up in search on the app. I have reported this to the product team for further investigation. I'll keep you posted about this.

@ StomStom: This topic was started on the Ask a question board and Vikram asked whether the OP was using the Android or iPhone version of GO Mobile for moving the topic to the correct board. It's also important for us to know about which product people are posting their feedback about so that we can accurately report it further.

Cheers, Mikko
  • StomStomStomStom Posts: 630 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    ...Without correcting the context...

Having Insided dot the i's on one hand (not for questions that are moved from Ask a Question apparently) and your own mods carelessness on the other doesn't help here.

(at least I stand corrected. sorry VK)

(a simple: 'Moved from Ask a question' should do the trick)
  • jordi983jordi983 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    There should be an option on the main menu just like the current option to find gas stations. Maybe there could be a configuration option to set that the car the user is driving is electric and then instead of showing gas stations in the menu, show recharging stations.
  • PovaSaPovaSa Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I fully agree. Looking to the future, charging stations will replace gas stations. So why not mentioning it in the Tomtom?
  • IanS100IanS100 Posts: 302 [Supreme Navigator]
    PovaSa wrote:
    I fully agree. Looking to the future, charging stations will replace gas stations. So why not mentioning it in the Tomtom?

It will however take many years for "charging stations to replace gas stations" as will TomToms attempt to implement this change!
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    PovaSa wrote:
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/news-and-announcements-37/tomtom-gets-set-for-the-future-of-driving-at-iaa-frankfurt-2017-1027654
  • PovaSaPovaSa Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Very good news! Happy to see that Tomtom is making this step forward ! :)
    I downloaded just now the latest version of tomtom to my TomTom Go 610, but don't see this service yet.
    Hope they will implement this EV service also for existing platforms...