TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

Gym Workout and Stopwatch on TomTom Spark 3

Stewie87Stewie87 Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
Hi There,
is there the possibility to use the TomTom Spark 3 in Gym Mode with the function of the stop watch in order to have a timer for rest between an excercise and the other?

Thank you.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,605 Superusers
    Stewie87 wrote:
    Hi There,
    is there the possibility to use the TomTom Spark 3 in Gym Mode with the function of the stop watch in order to have a timer for rest between an excercise and the other?

Thank you.

No there is not, but if you pause the activity it will automatically go into the recovery countdown which is one minute long, so when it beeps that it is done measuring you will know it is one minute. You could also use interval training if the exercise and rest are a set, consistent length of time (the work and rest have to be the same time for each repetition).

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Stewie87Stewie87 Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Stewie87 wrote:
    Hi There,

Thank you.

No there is not, but if you pause the activity it will automatically go into the recovery countdown which is one minute long, so when it beeps that it is done measuring you will know it is one minute. You could also use interval training if the exercise and rest are a set, consistent length of time (the work and rest have to be the same time for each repetition).

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.

The problem is that if I do as you are saying the watch stops to track the heart beats.
    Also the interval training is not possible since usually the excercises last something like 40/45 seconds and the rest time is between 1/1,5 minutes depending on the intensity of the excercise.

It would be much easier to implement the basic stopwatch function in the gym workout mode.
    I mean, it's something very basic, but everyone who goes to the gym knows it might be very helpful.

Is there some developer who might take this as a suggestion and maybe implement it in one of the next firmware releases?

Thanks.
    Stewie87 wrote:
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Stewie87 wrote:
    Hi There,

Thank you.

The problem is that if I do as you are saying the watch stops to track the heart beats.
    Also the interval training is not possible since usually the excercises last something like 40/45 seconds and the rest time is between 1/1,5 minutes depending on the intensity of the excercise.

It would be much easier to implement the basic stopwatch function in the gym workout mode.
    I mean, it's something very basic, but everyone who goes to the gym knows it might be very helpful.

Is there some developer who might take this as a suggestion and maybe implement it in one of the next firmware releases?

Thanks.

The developers monitor and report on suggestions in the forum, but I would not count on seeing anything on this front. You are the first person I can remember even asking for it and there has to be enough demand to justify putting resources to adding a feature (which is not as simple as it seems as every item needs to be coded, tested internally, beta tested, etc., all of which takes time and money). TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

In the meanwhile all you can do is keep the main display on the timer clock and monitor it manually.

I hope this helped answer your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • TiloboTilobo Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I too would love to use the stopwatch while in gym mode. Most of my workouts are HIIT in which timing is everything. As it is, I need to rely on my workout partner and her Garmin to do the job when using my phone is not possible.
  • daniel.nettidaniel.netti Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I want this function too, or just a simple timer (off the trainning mode) solve the problem.
    I want this function too, or just a simple timer (off the trainning mode) solve the problem.
    Considering TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices (and never even released the Adventurer in the US), I would assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes (and even that may be limited - it has been over three months since the last update broke connectivity for many users and introduced battery drain issues and that is still unresolved). I would not expect much more development and certainly not something major particularly on the watch side (they may continue to tweak the MySports site and app, but not the watches themselves).
  • daniel.nettidaniel.netti Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Considering TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices (and never even released the Adventurer in the US), I would assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes (and even that may be limited - it has been over three months since the last update broke connectivity for many users and introduced battery drain issues and that is still unresolved). I would not expect much more development and certainly not something major particularly on the watch side (they may continue to tweak the MySports site and app, but not the watches themselves).
    Sad reading it.
    I was between TT and garmin 235..... Did the wrong choose.