How to Set and Check the Time & Date? — TomTom Community

How to Set and Check the Time & Date?

alloffroadaualloffroadau Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Bandit Action Camera
hello,

how can I set time and date on the TomTom? It seems like I can't really see Time and date in the Camera and set it easily. We just switched to daylight saving and one days footage is all mixed up as all Tom Tom time stamps are incorrect. I also would like to set it to 24h time not am/pm.

Dies swapping the battery stick reset the time setting?

Regards

Steve

Comments

• the-civviethe-civvie Posts: 545 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Time and Date are set by the GPS connection
  • alloffroadaualloffroadau Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Thanks, hm not a good solution as the only solution, seems to be no way even checking what time the TTB has set while filming. The GPS does not seem to work consistently and there is no way to synchronise time and date with other cameras. After I switched my battery stick all time went to am/pm from 24h time which now gives my quite some additional work finding correct footage
    The trick is to wait until you have a good gps signal on the camera, it shows it on the screen and then record. Otherwise you will get a file dated 2015 I think
    yea not a good option when filming in the bush sometimes between rocks does not always have a good GPS coverage, Pity I really like the camera but seems like GoPro still has a few advantages
  • AutomanAutoman Posts: 19 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I also was wondering the same...

Going to take it scuba diving in the red sea which is also a different timezone from my normal.

So how can I make sure the appropriate offset from UTC and DST is set in the Bandit so the videos have the correct date & time?
    that’s the biggest drawback of the camera and will make me go back to the GoPro, I can't get a consistent time and date for my footage even from the same day especially under foliage, nor can I synchronise the time with my other cameras or even check whether time and date are correct.

Not a good, professional solution at all.

Otherwise, I love the camera
  • AutomanAutoman Posts: 19 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Indeed, it seems to be a joke...

Took some video this morning 31/10 and it says 24/10 for the recording date. After it got a GPS fix the next footage was correct.

Also, if you remove the battery pack for 3 hours (my test), and take some pictures they get the date 01/01/2015 00:00

6864aaa9-2097-4a7d-9b02-aae5631504f2.png

If removed for a shorter time it does seem to save the last date and time used.

Would someone from TomTom like to comment about the lack of time & date setting / checking features plus of course DST settings and why it does not seem to have a separate battery back up to maintain the clock in the camera and explain how it works in the Bandit so we can guarantee the time and date is correct before we film or take pictures.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Thanks for all your feedback regarding this!

I've logged this as an improvement request for the product team. Unfortunately, I cannot say when/whether we might see an improvement in this but we announce all software updates here on the forum so stay tuned :D

Cheers, Mikko
    I hope that happens soon as the camera it's not usable for anything more than casual footage. It add's many hours of correcting times and dates to any shoot so I'm back to the GoPro
    I hope that happens soon as the camera it's not usable for anything more than casual footage. It add's many hours of correcting times and dates to any shoot so I'm back to the GoPro

I have always found that the GPs connection is fast as long as the updateable gpsfix file is recent. The Bandit doesn't use that much power when left on and can be charged quickly using the power lead (don't have the Bandit on)
    I unfortunately don't have that experience, all my GPS fixes are recent and still every time have issues
    I always wait till I get a GPS fix showing on the screen on the Bandit before recording, as long as you dont turn the Bandit off after it should hold the Date and Time