TomTom Go Mobile does not finish loading on iPhone 7+ — TomTom Community

TomTom Go Mobile does not finish loading on iPhone 7+

DaddygeekDaddygeek Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
I just switched from an iPhone 6S+ (IOS 10) to an iPhone 7+ yesterday, and the TomTom Go Mobile app will not finish loading on the new phone. It just sits there spinning saying "App cannot start. Check your internet connection". All other apps have internet connectivity, I have tried a normal power-off and on. I've tried a hard-reset and power-on. I've tried uninstalling/re-installing it.

Anybody else have a similar issue?

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Daddygeek,

Welcome to the forum and sorry for my late reply!

First, please make sure you're running the latest (v1.4) of the GO Mobile. If this is the case, I'd recommend you to uninstall the app, reset your iPhone and re-install GO Mobile.

Should this not help you solve the issue, please contact Customer Service for further assistance.

Cheers, Mikko
  • DJMarcusKDJMarcusK Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am having the same issue, it will not load. It's telling me the check my network connection. I re-download on my iPhone 6+ and it worked. I have installed and reinstalled. Still doesn't work.
  • TshizTshiz Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Same here. No issues on the 6S+ but won't load on the 7+
  • Karel KKarel K Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    Same trouble in the netherlands
    Same issue. Won't load on my 7+. Still works fine on the 6
    I had an extensive contact with the helpdesk. They still can't solve the problem.
  • geerdehaigeerdehai Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    exactly the same issue, Tomtom Go works on iPhone 5, not on iPhone 7+
  • ThroySThroyS Posts: 50 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    No problems running the software on my iPhone 7+ currently using 10.2 beta but didn't have no probs even with 10.1
  • mikejt4mikejt4 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same issue - won't run on a 7+, stuck forever at "check your internet connection". Latest version, tried re-installing. What's happened to TomTom? Used to be so reliable on iOS!
    Hi all,

The following steps have helped many with this issue:
    • Kill the app (by double clicking the Home button and swiping the TomTom Go Mobile app upwards).
    • Start the app again.
    • Sign in to iTunes Store when prompted.
    • If this does not help, uninstall the app, go to Settings on the phone followed by iTunes & App Stores and click on the Apple ID once done sign out and restart the phone, open the app store and sign in to download the App.

Should this not help you solve the issue, please contact Customer Service for further assistance.

Cheers, Mikko
    I have done all the steps. Several times. Been in contact with tomtom support, who have now stopped replying to me about this issue. I've got an app with a subscription I can not use.
  • JfschmidJfschmid Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same here incredibly frustrating very pooor service app works fine on old iphone and ipad but not on iphone 7plus
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,276 TomTom Moderator
    Tshiz wrote:
    I have done all the steps. Several times. Been in contact with tomtom support, who have now stopped replying to me about this issue. I've got an app with a subscription I can not use.

I had a quick look at the incident which is open with the customer service. Unfortunately, we are still working hard to get this issue resolved. As soon as we get this fixed the customer service will inform you, on the same incident.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Regards
    Vikram
  • ChrisnrChrisnr Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I too have this issue and I have tried repeatedly uninstalling the App, signing out of the iTunes store restarting the iPhone, logging back into the iTunes store, downloading the App once more. This has not helped at all. When I try to launch the App it reports it cannot start "App Cannot Start. Check you Internet Connection" I have never successfully launched the App on my new iPhone 7.

This is very disappointing, as I have a running subscription. I have an open ticket with TomTom support but have not received any response since 13/02/2017 [see your technician's response below.

The iPhone 7 has now been in production for over seven months, and I am exceedingly disappointed that you seem not to have been able to resolve this issue in that time.

Reference Number: 1702xx-xxxxxx
    Recently you contacted us at TomTom Customer Care. Here is a summary of your request. You can find our response below.
    13/02/2017 05.32 PM
    Dear Mr Newby-Robson,

This is Bhavesh again from TomTom Customer Care Team following up with you. Thank you for your patience.

I have received an update about this issue from our 2nd line technical team and we do have same issue reported by some other customers as well. Based on this we have created a ticket to be investigated on this and forwarded it to the developers.

Our developers are actively looking into this issue impacting some owners of some iPhone phones. I regret that at this time they have not determined the underlying cause and cannot therefore give me any reference point on when they will have the issue fixed.

I would really appreciate your patience if you would give sometime for the technical team to find a fix for this issue.

For your convenience, I am keeping this case with me and will revert back to you as soon as I get any update from the Technical team.

Please let me know if you have further questions in the meantime.

With Kind Regards
    The TomTom Customer Care Team

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on public forum!
    Hi Chrisnr

I am sorry to inform you that our technical team is investigation this ticket on a priority.

I have sent a heads up to the customer service about this as well, so they will be getting in touch with you with more information.

Regards
    Vikram
    The problem has not been solved yet?
    This is frustrating
    Nope. Very frustrating. Almost a year now that I haven't been able to use the app, and given it's a subscription based app now, it's very disappointing.
    Hi Karel,

Welcome to the Community!

The issue discussed here has been solved a while ago already. If you're still experiencing, first make sure you're using the latest version of the GO Mobile app (v1.8) and the latest available iOS version for your phone.

Should this not help you sort this out, please contact Customer Service for further investigation.

Cheers, Mikko
    Sorry. Issue is not solved.
    I have 1.8 and latest iPhone iOS
  • Maulik ShahMaulik Shah Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have same issue since last 3 months and still not resolved.. very poor customer service..
  • Maulik ShahMaulik Shah Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I too have this issue since last 3 months and I have reset my phone several times but still not resolved and I have also received the reply back from Tom Tom customer service that they are looking in to this but still no luck, I have paid subscription till 2019.. this is very annoying,

Very poor customer service from reputed organisation. No technical experts in their software developing department..

When I asked for part refund they asked me to contact to iTunes... really annoyed..
    Hi Maulik

Sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

This issue has been under investigation for some time and unfortunately, we don't have a confirmed date as to when this will get resolved.

I have asked the customer service to get back to you with more information.

Regards
    Vikram
  • rkaminski999rkaminski999 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same on my iphone 7+ in the UK, constantly 'loading app'.
    Hi rkaminski999,

Welcome to the Community!

First, please make sure you're running the latest (v1.9) of the app. Have you recently switched to another TomTom account in the app? Please, follow the steps below:
    • Kill the app (by double clicking the Home button and swiping the TomTom Go Mobile app upwards).
    • Start the app again.
    • Sign in to iTunes Store when prompted.

If this does not help, please follow the next steps:
    • Uninstall the app
    • Go to Settings on the phone followed by iTunes & App Stores and click on the Apple ID
    • Sign out and restart the phone
    • open the App Store and sign in
    • Enter the username and password and download the App.

Should this not help you get this sorted, please contact Customer Service. They'll be able to get to the bottom of this and help you get it sorted.

Cheers, Mikko
  • foxhunter2foxhunter2 Posts: 17 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Try the enable somehome network in the background. Was the solution on a S7 Edge for exactly the same kind of problem. Search in that direction.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online24

hajue
hajue
Justyna
Justyna
nec0ex
nec0ex
Oskar-2
Oskar-2
sibitzd
sibitzd