Run activity not syncing via MySports Connect — TomTom Community

Run activity not syncing via MySports Connect

morbidelmorbidel Posts: 14 [Master Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Hello,

I have a run on my watch from a couple of days ago, which is visible in the run history section, however I don't manage to sync the watch on my computer (I actually tried on 2 computers). TomTom Sports says watch is synced but no track is saved in TomTom MySports folder nor on the website.
It worth mentioning that before trying via the PC, I tried to upload the track on my mobile phone, via bluetooth, but this operation failed a few times (in the pair/sync process). I suspect that during this failed process, the track on the watch was marked as synced (but it was actually not), so that's why the pc software does not recognize it anymore. The storage indicator from my watch shows empty, as if no data is on it. I guess that my track is lost, but maybe I'm mistaking.
Question is: how should I proceed to get my track back again, if possible?
Please tell me if you need any more information. The serial number from my watch is: HCxxxxxIxxxx .

As a suggestion, I would remove the track from the watch at the very last moment, when it has been checked that it was uploaded on mysports... Or not even then, the watch can start removing tracks which are older first, if it needs space for new ones.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on public forum. Thank you!

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,811
    Superusers
    morbidel wrote:
    Hello,

I have a run on my watch from a couple of days ago, which is visible in the run history section, however I don't manage to sync the watch on my computer (I actually tried on 2 computers). TomTom Sports says watch is synced but no track is saved in TomTom MySports folder nor on the website.
    It worth mentioning that before trying via the PC, I tried to upload the track on my mobile phone, via bluetooth, but this operation failed a few times (in the pair/sync process). I suspect that during this failed process, the track on the watch was marked as synced (but it was actually not), so that's why the pc software does not recognize it anymore. The storage indicator from my watch shows empty, as if no data is on it. I guess that my track is lost, but maybe I'm mistaking.
    Question is: how should I proceed to get my track back again, if possible?
    Please tell me if you need any more information. The serial number from my watch is: hc1343i-00064 .

As a suggestion, I would remove the track from the watch at the very last moment, when it has been checked that it was uploaded on mysports... Or not even then, the watch can start removing tracks which are older first, if it needs space for new ones.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,

The history is just summary data, all that is there are those 5 metrics, there is no detail behind it. If the storage is empty then the activity is gone. If you tried first on your phone , trying again on the PC will not do anything, they are either/or. For any activity once you sync with one device you cannot resync it with another, To re-upload an activity you need to do the following:

1. Exit MySports Connect
    2. Locate the ttbin files:
    a. Locating the ttbin files in iTunes:
    i. Connect your iOS device to your computer and wait for iTunes to open.
    ii. Select your iOS device in the iTunes sidebar.
    iii. Select the Apps tab and scroll down to File Sharing.
    iv. Select MySports.
    v. The ttbin files are listed on the right hand side.
    vi. Right-click (Mac: ctrl-click) a file to copy it.
    b. Locating the ttbin files in Android:
    i. On Android 4.4.2, the ttbin files are stored on the internal SD card in a nested subfolder of /TomTom MySports/ (/sdcard/TomTom_MySports/HNxxxxxxxxxx/workouts/uploaded/).
    ii. Copy this file to your computer.
    3. Place a copy of the ttbin in the [serial number] folder in your home directory (C:\Users\[user name]\TomTom MySports\[serial number]) and rename it 0x00910000-0-0. For multiple files they should end in 0000-0-0, 0001-0-0, 0002-0-0, etc.
    4. Restart MySports Connect and connect your watch
    5. Go the Settings page (click the gear icon) and the 'Try again' button is used to re-upload the files.

This will only work if you have the ttbin files, which may not be on your phone if it was a complete failure.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • morbidelmorbidel Posts: 14 [Master Traveler]
    Hi,

Wow, it worked perfectly. I found the ttbin in the failed folder on my Android phone.
    Thanks a lot, track is recovered.
    Have a nice evening!
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,811
    Superusers
    morbidel wrote:
    Hi,

Wow, it worked perfectly. I found the ttbin in the failed folder on my Android phone.
    Thanks a lot, track is recovered.
    Have a nice evening!

Glad I could help. When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.
  • morbidelmorbidel Posts: 14 [Master Traveler]
    Hi,

I'love to do that, just tell me how, as I don't find the "mark response as solution".

Cheers
  • MitchParkerMitchParker Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the hot tip, worked just as you said for my iPhone who dumped the upload.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0