New install on iPhone 7, where did my "My Places" go ? — TomTom Community

New install on iPhone 7, where did my "My Places" go ?

loekfloekf Posts: 27 [Prominent Wayfarer]
You can see that TT Go puts something on iCloud. Looks like it's not your collection of My Places. I had expected after entering my TT
account details again, My Places would be downloaded from iCloud or TT.

Now I had to manually re-enter 30 or so locations.

My goodness.. what a lousy programming, is such a feature so difficult to implement ?

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Loek,

Back for My Places and more will be possible with MyDrive. For more information about features the team is working on, please see

Which features will be added in the future to the GO Mobile for iPhone app?

Cheers, Mikko
  • iFouliFoul Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi,

Same for me, just bought a new iPhone and lost all My Destinations.

Not very great user experience.
  • loekfloekf Posts: 27 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Mikko, let's hope MyDrive is implemented soon. Still it's funny that MyPlaces is not sync'ed, but appearently the recent places are. On my new iPhone 7 the recent list was appearently sync'ed somewhere, because it matches the one from my old iPhone 6. Pity I missed this, could have saved me from entering all those favorites by hand.
  • OldJOldJ Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just want to add my voice to this, it comes up quite high in google search and I can't believe this simple feature still isnt implemented, it's really dumb. You even have TomTom drive App on the iPhone which can sync with everything else except an app on the same phone. How hard is it to copy a database? Even make a specific app to do it if you need to. It's really dumb I have to re-add all My Places every time I restore my phone or get a new phone. I will not renew my subscription if I have to do it again on my next phone. Its like the people who design the app dont use it for nav.

It was bad enough you left your TomTom range of apps to become outdated. Then you released this "new" version with all the good stuff gutted from it. I appreciate you are SLOWLY adding them back in but it's too slow frankly.
  • sagdileksagdilek Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem as well. I have more than 120 places and it will not be enjoyable to re-enter all of these to my new Iphone manually. It's really disappointing.