New MyDrive Connect v.4.1.2.2959 for Mac available for download — TomTom Community

New MyDrive Connect v.4.1.2.2959 for Mac available for download

MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
edited January 30 in MyDrive Connect
Hi all,

We've just released a new MyDrive Connect v4.1.2.2959 for Mac users and it's available for download at tomtom.com/getstarted

[h3]What's new?[/h3]
This release will bring support for the newly released Mac OSX 10.12 Sierra.

Drive safe! :D

Cheers, Mikko

Comments

• PeerGumPeerGum Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It works! Great News! Thanks :D
  • misty41misty41 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Did not work on my GO 5100.Help
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi misty41,

Welcome to the forum!

Could you describe your problem in a bit more detail, please, so we can try to help you?

For MyDrive Connect troubleshooting tips, please see this FAQ.

Cheers, Mikko
  • xyzoonexyzoone Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'm using a GO 6000 and with the new version of MyDrive (4.1.2.2959) it still doesn't work using the official release version of macOS Sierra.
    If I connect the GO using USB then MyDrive says that the Navigation doesn't react actually. It recommends to reconnect the device.
  • misty41misty41 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I re downloaded the the latest version of mydrive connect and restarted my mac and it worked.Best of Luck
  • xyzoonexyzoone Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks misty41, according to another reply in the german forum I restartet my iMac, made a "drumreset" on my Go, plugged the USB back in and vóila... it works! :)
    Hi all,

Thanks for all your feedback here!

A few customers have indeed still had problems connecting their devices to Mac OSX Sierra even after updating MyDrive Connect. As far as I know, these have all been resolved by either resetting the device or restarting the computer.

Cheers, Mikko
  • skyynetskyynet Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I bought a TomTom Go 5100 for my mum and had to install MyDrive Connect 4.1.2.2959 on macOS Sierra. The software seems to work fine but while updating the maps it crashed my Mac multiple times with a grey screen telling me the system crashed so hard I had to restart it. This is the first software in years that causes that much trouble.

I finally managed to update everything but this software is by no means stable.
  • Fulvia73Fulvia73 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    With this version of MyDrive Connect and previous releases I always have to enter my password if the Mac has been restarted, it remembers my email address, I always update on the same Mac, can the software remember your password after a restart?
  • BrianWattsBrianWatts Posts: 39 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Hello MikkoK or anyone who has a suggestion,

I have a GO 6100 and 2 days ago updated my iMac to OS 10.12 Sierra. Ever since then, trying to connect the 6100 to MyDrive Connect has been a nightmare. I have read every post of every forum topic I can find, have installed and re-installed version 4.1.2.2959, have done several restarts of the computer, done numerous drumroll restarts of the 6100, deleted and re-added the 6100 to the Network of System Preferences and have now run out of options.

On the odd occasion, and for no apparent reason, the 6100 connects to MyDrive Connect, but then after a minute or two, also for no reason, disconnects. It will then either show "no device detected" or shows "connecting" and also often asks for the computer password because MyDrive Connect "wants to make some changes".

The TomTom still connects without trouble to our other computer that is running OS 10.11 El Capitan, but not to the latest OS 10.12 Sierra.

What can I do to achieve a stable TomTom Go 6100 connection to MyDrive Connect on an iMac computer running OS 10.12 Sierra?

Thanks, Brian in Australia.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,206 Superusers
    Guess you've looked at this:
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-800-1000-2000-series-via-series-start-20-and-60-series-mydrive-19/faq-mydrive-connect-troubleshooting-tips-442918

Tried support?

Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST
  • NGHNGH Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Like Brian in Australia, I have had connection problems after updating to Mac OS X Sierra 10.12. in my case, my version of MyDrive Connect has never connected with my Go 6100. I have restarted the Go 6100 and restarted the computer in every combination. I have done a clean delete of MyDrive Connect, with all associated files, and downloaded and installed the latest 4.1.2.2959. Still no success.
    The Go 6100 screen tells me it is connected to the computer successfully. The computer screen says the Go6100 isn't connected.
    What I get, in a 60-second cycle, is the loop of hell: a message that reads "TomTom MyDrive Connect wants to make changes. Type in your password to allow this." I type in my Mac system password; the message disappears, and then reappears 60 seconds later. Ad infinitum.
    Any ideas?
  • bigbig Posts: 1,552 Superuser
    Do you know if your account on the Mac is an Administrative user or a Standard user? MyDriveConnect adds a kernel extension and requires administrative access when it's installed and the first time you use it.

That said, it does sound like you are an Admin user since you're being asked for just a password and not a user name as well, but if you have more than one user on the Mac can you try running from another user?
  • plmplm Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Concerning the macOS Sierra Stability issues with MyDrive Connect version 4.1.2.2959.

The only consistent method I've found to up-date my TomTom Via unit

Reboot the Apple computer [In my case A MacBook Pro] with the TomTom unit plugged into a USB port
    It has priority and will permit a successful up-date

However any further up-dates will not be possible unless the host system is shutdown and rebooted as described

Enjoy
    plm
    Hi all,

We're investigating the issues with MyDrive Connect on Mac OSX Sierra with high priority.

Meanwhile, deleting the TomTom folder from the Application Support and the Caches folders has also helped many with these issues. Please, make sure to restart MyDrive Connect after doing this.

Cheers, Mikko
  • jahill70jahill70 Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    Any news on this? We have a 5000, a 5100 and a 5200. While the 5200 can be updated over wifi, this constant request of entering your admin password and having to reboot a Mac in order to update the second device is starting to grate.
  • BrianWattsBrianWatts Posts: 39 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I agree with you jahill, it is annoying me too.
    I bought a Go 6100 because it was a special deal. Saved 50 bucks.
    Soon after I learned that the 6200 was due out a month later with wifi, and so the special deal was actually an end of model run-out.
    If I had known, I would have waited and bought a 6200 and saved the need to connect to my computer, and the debacle of connecting.
    I was hoping that the new MyDrive Connect v.4.1.3.3036 might sort out this problem, but that was wishful thinking.
    So still, every time I connect I am told that "MyDrive Connect want to make some changes" and I have to enter my admin. password.
    So annoying.
  • XMB1XMB1 Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    It may help to remove the TomTom kernel extension as this worked for me.

Quit MyDrive Connect
    Delete the cache (Users\name......\Library\Caches\TomTom\Home3
    Drag the TomTom MyDrive Connect.app into the trash
    Go to System\Library\Extensions and delete UsbEthernetGadget.kext (drag to the trash)
    Restart your Mac
    Download and install MyDrive Connect again.
  • BTgrimBTgrim Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I believe that the latest version is 3056! The latest work around to update your device is to plug in your device and do a restart this should get you connected although it appears you have to do this every time you connect your device hopefully this will be resolved shortly. Come on TomTom get a grip and sort out your software.
  • XMB1XMB1 Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    My solution only worked for a limited time! As you say TomTom need to get their finger out and solve the issue once and for all.