Why is the iPhone version miles behind on Android?! — TomTom Community

Why is the iPhone version miles behind on Android?!

GlobeDriverGlobeDriver Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I was pretty shocked to find out that all the features people here a asking (begging) for for months have all been implemented already on Android. They are straightforward functions such as: alternative routing, multi-stop journeys, gas stops but also things like the winding road option.

If it's there on Android, why can't the same be offered for iPhone?

Alternative routing:
0d705d76-0592-40d8-89b6-9a07ba173178.png

Multi stop:
507b0e62-70be-4856-8610-ef6306012834.png

Winding road:
add44431-4b7b-44a6-821a-e54006ff4fcb.png

Comments

• Clint989Clint989 Posts: 41 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Believe it or not, if I were to conjecture about why this might be the case, TomTom would be likely to remove the post as "unhelpful".

Generally, this is a forum for people to ask questions & vent frustration into the ether. Oops. Have I been "unhelpful" again?
  • GlobeDriverGlobeDriver Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hehe no you aren't, gives me a rough idea on what to expect ;)

I seriously thought removing all these features from the new iPhone Go version was a conscious (but not very smart) decision. Seeing the app on another platform by accident with completely different functionality just doesn't make sense to me. A few developers could have all of this ported to iOS in a week.

Let's see whether someone from TomTom can be "helpful" by shedding some light here ;)
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi GlobeDriver,

Welcome to the forum!

We released the GO Mobile for iPhone earlier this year. As it's a new app nothing has been "left out". Some of the features just haven't been developed yet. Android and iOS are quite different platforms in many ways and developing the features and functions is not a trivial matter.

For more information about what the team is working on, please see here. If you have a preference for prioritising specific features, please "cast your vote" there :D

Cheers, Mikko