Citroen C4 Picasso Connect Nav usability - Page 7 — TomTom Community

Citroen C4 Picasso Connect Nav usability

Comments

• mildenhallmildenhall Posts: 42 [Legendary Explorer]
    The titled of this thread is "Citroen C4 Picasso Connect Nav" and the link that I posted is relevant for that. You might get more help if you started your own specific thread about Swedish coverage.
  • mallchinmallchin Posts: 10 [Outstanding Explorer]
    It works!!! After many phone calls, emails and visits I now have speed camera warnings.

I don't know what fixed it. Citroën garage did something remotely.
    V8.0.0 of the maps is now available from the UK MyCitroen site!
  • mallchinmallchin Posts: 10 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I miss Mildenhall Airshow.
  • macyorkymacyorky Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Cannot download updates from my citroen
    macyorky wrote:
    No one can help you without more information.

Model, Trim, Year. Have you registered with MyCitroen etc etc.
    macyorky wrote:
    Can you not find the files on https://mycitroen-uk.citroen.com/MyCitroen? Log in, then click on "Citroen Shop" then "Citroen Connect Nav". If you still can't find the map downloads, then it's back to what I said previously - "We need more details of your car".

815cf7e4-1a2b-46b7-8bd6-dff1f9c882a5.jpg
    bigswede2 wrote:
    Connect nav doesn't work in Sweden, just brought a new DS5 really annoyed this isn't available, does anyone know if its possible to get speed cameras installed? I've been in touch with DS here and they don't even know what system is in their car, they keep going on about the old navigation I had in my Ds 5 from 2013, really annoyed they want the DS to be a high end car, they sure as hell charge high end prices but there "new" navigation has less functionality than. my old one, no wonder they don't sell many..:rage:
    If this what you're looking for?

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-traffic-live-and-other-services-47/tomtom-traffic-availablity-1001422

TOMTOM TRAFFIC AVAILABILITY

SE Asian purchased device, available in the following countrie:-
    Australia, New Zealand

European purchased device, available in the following countries:
    Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom

American purchased device, available in the following countries:
    Canada, Mexico, United States
  • Martyn383Martyn383 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Where can I find instructions of how to programme/select a route . Google maps shows you the options and you choose?

I input my home address to navigate back from Warwick recently and it sent my on a motorway I didn't want on into congested traffic

Can i choose which route to follow
    Martyn383 wrote:
    Where can I find instructions of how to programme/select a route . Google maps shows you the options and you choose?

I input my home address to navigate back from Warwick recently and it sent my on a motorway I didn't want on into congested traffic

Can i choose which route to follow

Under options you can choose four different options. Fastest, shortest, Compromise and Ecological.

As for traffic, do you have the emergency buttons (SOS and Citroen buttons) in the roof above the rear view mirror? If you do, then your car will automatically connect to TomTom Traffic. If you don't have the buttons, you need to connect your smart phone via bluetooth and enable bluetooth tethering to connect over your smart phone connection.

Tethering instructions are near the start if this thread,

For traffic updates, you should get in the bottom right of the 7" screen "TomTom Traffic". If you don't, then you either need to sort the bluetooth tethering out, or go back to your dealer and get them to enable "Connective Services" which they should have done when you bought the car. Have a look here... http://media.citroen.co.uk/file/70/2/citroen-connect-nav-customer-in-car-process.pdf
    @Martyn383

Menu then Guidance Criteria....

b6437a44-b40e-466d-951a-d4d57bb0f468.jpg32410515-bd40-4121-895c-b1225fc83a20.jpg0cfcc4c0-56f7-4efb-81d9-342ca4899333.jpg
  • Martyn383Martyn383 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks
  • Deep SouthDeep South Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    It looks like there has been a recent update to the MyCitroen app (on google, anyway) so now the map & nav system updates are showing under the maintenance / spanner tab. A new entry "Vehicle Touchscreen" is available; clicking on there shows me "Updating your NAV map" shows there is a map update to "Version 8.0.0-r0 - 08/03/2018" with a link to click for the download link to be emailed to me.
    Under "Vehicle touchscreen update" shows version 21.06.47.34_NAC-r0 - 0/-12-2017" is available, and another meal link.

So Citroen UK have finally got it sorted!
    @Deep South. I hadn't noticed it on the Android App, but those updates have been available for some time on the Citroen UK web site. From your post, the V8.0.0-r0 is dated 08/03/2018. Hmmm, I think that is when the map update became avaiable to download. Once installed V8.0.0-r0 is in fact dated 20/12/2017!!!

3807d2fc-9935-4df5-9175-6b4976cd8ecd.jpg
    3a536679-23e6-45ba-87c6-275d4b342006.jpg
  • marko-mbmarko-mb Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    I want to enable "Connective Services" but My dealer has no idea about any services, and they say it is not possible for our market.

I dont get it... Can I enable it any other way?
  • Deep SouthDeep South Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Marko, where are you? As far as I know, the dealer must use their OVS portal to enable this...maybe contact Citroen direct?
  • marko-mbmarko-mb Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    Im in Slovenia. I did email citroen directly and they had no clue. Also on service they did not know about it and just simply said: " it is not an option in our country".
    mildenhall wrote:
    If this what you're looking for?

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-traffic-live-and-other-services-47/tomtom-traffic-availablity-1001422

TOMTOM TRAFFIC AVAILABILITY

European purchased device, available in the following countries:
    Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom
    @marko-mb
    By the looks of it Slovenia is not covered by TomTom Taffic. Your best bet is to use Android Auto with Google Maps or Waze.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,719 Superuser
    @marko-mb

According to MyDrive Slovenia is covered1e9803b4-dd5c-48d5-848e-8b5ccc63c1b8.jpg
    Are you sure it is in your traffic subscription?
    This thread is about Citroen Connect Nav. Citroen MyDrive is provided my Here! aka Nokia Maps. Citroen Connect Nav is provided by TomTom hence the difference. Connect Nav comes on the new face lift C4s.
  • DerykDeryk Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hey everyone, I’m new here and I just have a couple questions, I have a grand Picasso with TomTom connected nav, trying to update the maps to version 8, I have downloaded it, unzipped, added to usb stick, connect it to car, it finds the update then after about 10 seconds it says update failed, then that’s it, I have updated my previous Citroen,the only thing is I’m using a Mac to download and unzip, it worked previously, I’m just frustrated now I can’t just get it to upload, any help or advice would be great! Thanks
    It is a known fact that Macs add extra files to the decompressed map files. Use Chrome to translate this French web site for more help. http://www.planete-citroen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?631-CONNECT-NAV for a discussion on how Mac users can do it. Either that or use a PC.
    Thanks il give that a go!
    With thanks to mildenhall’s suggestion, the link he gave me did have someone using a Mac to get the update.. it’s updating my map now, to do this, just download the update as usual, and unzip it using the Mac, put it on the usb stick, and use the app ‘ clean my drive’ free from the App Store .. it took maybe 4 seconds to clean the usb stick and volla! It’s woking,
    While this is not technically TomTom related, it is ConnectNav related...

I have written a new Windows application that reads the MyCitroen export files, and displays all the data stored. It is currently an alpha build / prototype version, however I have lots of ideas ideas on how to improve or update the application.

I have tested the application with data from a C4GP SMEG+, C4GP ConnectNav and a Peugeot 3008 and can confirm the application works on all of them.

I teach A Level Computer Science to 17 and 18 year olds in Britain. I have written this application as an example for my students, and will not make any monetary profit from this application. If you find this application of use to you, then great! :-)

The download link and user guide may be found here : http://myconnectedcar.zapto.org