Citroen C4 Picasso Connect Nav usability - Page 3 — TomTom Community

Citroen C4 Picasso Connect Nav usability

Comments

• MasimoMasimo Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    Today I got a response from Citroën Netherlands customer service. Not very promising. They sent me a pdf of the Connect Nav user manual, and how to work with the Connect-App. Well duh? I have that one on paper, got it with the car.
    My questions were very clear, but their answers proved to me that they didn't fully grasp the problem. Guess I got linked to the wrong customer service employee.

So I explained that my car is equipped with the Connect Box and built-in SIM card, required for the internet connection. I gave them a very extensive description of what I learned here in this topic and how they should arrange things. Included the documents I would have to sign (user terms and privacy policy), and also referred to the memo that instructs dealers on how to activate the "Pack CITROËN Connect Nav" services, as it is called. To conclude, I reminded them that I'm eligible for a three year free subscription, included with the connected nav system.
    I'll let them chew on that one for a couple of days, curious about their reply.
  • FlyingMonkeyUKFlyingMonkeyUK Posts: 20 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Today, the sales guy I have been dealing with rang me. He decided to have a crack at the OVS Portal himself, without the service guys and reckoned he had cracked it. I said I would wait until after the weekend and let him know one way or the other.

I have just checked the My Citroen app and hey presto:
    Got tired of waiting and visited my dealer yesterday to explain to them what steps to follow. They will look into it, call Citroën Netherlands, and get back to me as soon as they know more.
    I actually was a bit shocked when they told me they actually sold quite a lot of DS/Citroën Connect Nav systems in a variety of car models, and that I was the first customer that inquired about the free services.
  • ChtechieChtechie Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
    That seems to be the standard put you off, I was also the first to query it & I probably didn't have it because my car was ordered in November - So I asked how the young French woman could talk to me when I hadn't paired my phone to the system & I accidentally pressed the Citroen Assist button :D:D:D (yes I was a bit red faced but her English was perfect & she assured me it wasn't the first time it had happened she also told me that my vehicle hadn't been registered on the Citroen system) when I said that to the dealer that's when they changed their mind & said could I pop into my local dealer.
    Either some dealers do this automatically, or there are thousands of people driving around that will never have the Connect Nav functionality.
  • ChtechieChtechie Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I shall smile at my local dealer & cheekily ask if it's part of their PDI
  • mallchinmallchin Posts: 10 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Today, the sales guy I have been dealing with rang me. He decided to have a crack at the OVS Portal himself, without the service guys and reckoned he had cracked it. I said I would wait until after the weekend and let him know one way or the other.

I have just checked the My Citroen app and hey presto:

Well done! This is the closest I have seen anyone get to getting this working.

I can't see that screen in my My Citroën app; how do you get to it please?
    Good news. I got a call from the dealership. They informed that they received the activation procedure from Citroen Netherlands.
    I went over, signed a bunch of privacy statements, and after a couple of minutes the nav system was connected. Upon my request they sent me an electronic copy of the procedure.
    So, for Dutch speaking people, if you need it just send me a PM.
    Mine still says "activation in progress" after a week, so maybe the dealership has missed a step.
    In the MyCitroen app, the last tab on the right shows your connected services.
    Masimo, is the procedure too lengthy for an English translation?
    Thanks
    Hooray, the car has now activated. When I click on the globe to check subscriptions, it now says active and the hallowed "TomTom Traffic" now appears in the bottom right hand side of the nav screen.
    I'm guessing that the app has not yet pulled down the account change.
    Now I just need to learn how to use it and get the updates sorted.
    Have any UK owners installed the updates from the French site?
    In the Netherlands, Citroen has coupled firmware and map updates for the Connect Nav system with maintenance. Only if car maintenance is done by the dealership, you get the updates for free.

There is, however, an alternative method to get the updates for free.
    You should be a registered user on your countries MyCitroën site. Car VIN should be entered to correctly recognize your car.
    Then head over to https://mycitroen-fr.citroen.com/ (The French Citroen site) and log in, simply using your own countries user credentials.

In my case there was a personal message, telling me that new updates for my New C3 Connect Nav were available for download.
    Alternatively, you can head over to "Mon Véhicule", "Mise à jour CITROEN CONNECT NAV". Then you're also directed to the updates, including a userguide.

Good for practicing your French.
    Note: Everything is at your own risk!!!. If you screw up your Connect Nav, don't point at me!!!
    I have managed to update the software on the car using the software from the French site, but I can't get it to recognise the map updates.
    There is a possibility that the maps are coded by region, so I need the specific maps for UK vehicles.
  • capersstroudcapersstroud Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Ditto. I downloaded the updates from the French Citoën site, and succesfully installed the latest firmware, but the map update is not recognised.

My dealer has downloaded the updates from their maintenance site, so I'll pick that up and try installing that way.

By the way (not directly TomTom related as such), does anyone else find their complete 7" screen system reboots after 4 or 5 mins from starting? Mine has done so on irregularly since I purchased the car, sometimes once a week, sometimes daily, sometimes rebooting 3 times in succession. I was hoping the firmware updates would sort it, but it hasn't.

What is particularly annoying is after setting up a destination in the SatNav, driving off, then the screen rebooting (takes a minute or two to come back). Once it's back up, the destination in the map is the previous destination - ie, where I've just driven from; this can be rather tricky when driving in a strange location.

I did report it to the dealer & Citroën UK when I was first trying to get the Danger Zones activated and firmware updated.
    My touchscreen doesn't do that. It sounds like you may have a fault.
  • capersstroudcapersstroud Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Thanks - good to know that it's not a 'feature'. Probably a hardware fault - that will be fun for my dealer to resolve. I feel quite sorry for them, as they've not been given much in the way of support from Citroën UK, who in turn seemed to have had little support from Citroën HQ in France.
  • alfredoFALKalfredoFALK Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi, just bought a C4 GP FEEL from Nov.2016. It has this satnav system. I have done all the steps you recommend re. French site and got my three files plus User manual. I have my USB stick ready to go and trry the upgrade. Only one comment: all the documents are Peugeot not Citroen. I know they are both part of PSA but it could make problems when uploading. I shall try since my VIN appeared on the MyCitroen website in France. What does OVS portal stand for?
    I visited my dealer today and he had same reaction as you all reported: it is a new system I don't have any idea how it works!!??
    keep up the good work, one:? day Citroen will get it right.
    Hi, just bought a C4 GP FEEL from Nov.2016. It has this satnav system. I have done all the steps you recommend re. French site and got my three files plus User manual. I have my USB stick ready to go and trry the upgrade. Only one comment: all the documents are Peugeot not Citroen. I know they are both part of PSA but it could make problems when uploading. I shall try since my VIN appeared on the MyCitroen website in France. What does OVS portal stand for?
    I visited my dealer today and he had same reaction as you all reported: it is a new system I don't have any idea how it works!!??
    PS. tried the USB stick and update files and the system recognised the update. It displayed the screen asking to update (Yes or No). I said No because of the warranty and because I have written to the original dealer asking if the activation was done or not.
    keep up the good work, one:? day Citroen will get it right.
  • Simon_Simon_ Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    The software update itself worked like a charm/as documented for an early 2017 C4P from Austria. There are minor improvements in the navigation UI and Android Auto has been added. The map update on the other hand just does not seem to trigger. I tried two different usb drives. There is just a message that the drive contains no media. I tried attaching it before starting the car and after and while/before being in the navigation UI. The version of the maps the car reports is 966.7352-prod in the system UI and CI-TT-PSA.P3CNS.U-MAP.EUR.TTC-2.0.0 in the maps settings.
    Any ideas on how to proceed? The "documentation powerpoint" is "somewhat lacking" :D
    Hi Simon_
    just one question: did you have a license folder on the usb drive? Did you get the files using the car's VIN? I got them via MyCitroen site in France since the UK one does not work and is full of errors.
    Agree that the User manual is just a draft and not very clear at all. Re. USB contains no media, I did change it in the submenu for the Connections Management: set USB1 to Data not Media by clicking on the link for USB1.It seems to read the drive and then set it for data on the top line of the screen,just wait for a bit and it changes over.Maybe you can try it.
    I think that the license file is the one that allows your car to be identified as a valid user of the map files. I imagine that the firmware is for any vehicle any way. I haven't done the update yet since I am waiting for replies from Citroen UK regarding the warranty validity in case I update.
    Cannot help , really just my thoughts regarding this very poor Citroen/TomTom software arrangement: customers are not taken into account at all.
    My humble point of view: updates should be done automatically OTA by PSA/TomTom. The mobile phone makers do it all the time and it works for them!:@:$:?
    Hooray, the car has now activated. When I click on the globe to check subscriptions, it now says active and the hallowed "TomTom Traffic" now appears in the bottom right hand side of the nav screen.
    I'm guessing that the app has not yet pulled down the account change.
    Now I just need to learn how to use it and get the updates sorted.
    Have any UK owners installed the updates from the French site?
    Hi, just got a reply from Citroen about the software and they still send me to the navteq site, in spite that my car has the tom-tom system! They just don't seem to understand the difference! My C4GP still has not been activated. I have written to Citroen UK and wait for reply on this issue.:cool:
  • NHENHE Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem, firmware update went ok but the map update is not happening. I have found on a French forum that this is because you update the map from V2 to V4. The guy on that forum claims you need to install map V3 first and then go to V4( the current one).
    I have not found the time yet to try this.
    The link this info comes from: http://www.planete-citroen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188853
  • Simon_Simon_ Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    NHE wrote:
    I have the same problem, firmware update went ok but the map update is not happening. I have found on a French forum that this is because you update the map from V2 to V4. The guy on that forum claims you need to install map V3 first and then go to V4( the current one).
    The link this info comes from: http://www.planete-citroen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188853

uh, interesting ... I'm building a V3 USB key as we speak and give that a try tomorrow!
  • NHENHE Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Worked for me. I had the car delivered with maps version 2.0, upgraded the firmware ok. Then tried to upgrade to the latest maps (4.0) but that failed. The upgrade to maps 3.0 went ok as did the upgrade to 4.0 after that. The license directory and file is not needed for the map updates.
    So after about 2 hours with the engine running stationary my nav is up-to-date.
    The stop/start system will probably never come even close to saving the fuel that goes into these updates ;-)
    Hi all,
    I have now discovered what the OVS Portal is. It stands for Outil de Vente de Service/Sales Tool of Services and is of exclusive use of the sales people at PSA. Nobody else can use it!
    I found this document that explains it all:
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=23&ved=0ahUKEwjnv9uJj-XTAhUZOsAKHcTqCEA4FBAWCDMwAg&url=http://broadcast.pcasys.co.uk/broadcasts/attachment_view/58209cc4-25a0-4057-8f8a-0cf50a143df1&usg=AFQjCNHskVKzyLnoAa01QxXrGXS5cG6w7A&sig2=EdZowZ8CjnVin0uVtMgvuw
  • Vigilo999Vigilo999 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Simon_ wrote:
    NHE wrote:

uh, interesting ... I'm building a V3 USB key as we speak and give that a try tomorrow!

Simon, Sorry If I've missed the answer to this, but where can I get a copy of the version 3 map update. I am struggling with my school French and can't seem to find it on the French site. Ive got the Firmware update and the version 4 map update downloaded, but can't find the 3 update.