GPS signal slow on Runner 2

dimitri balloccodimitri ballocco Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
been using tom-tom runner in the last 2 months, its weekly updated, it started well but now it takes more than 5 minutes to get gps signal...... whats wrong with it? how to fix it? thanks

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,612 Superusers
    been using tom-tom runner in the last 2 months, its weekly updated, it started well but now it takes more than 5 minutes to get gps signal...... whats wrong with it? how to fix it? thanks

You need to sync at least every three days as that is how long the satellite cache data in the QuickGPS file lasts for. Without an updated file (look under About and it will have a check mark next to it) it will eventually find satellites but will take longer. i just plug mine into the computer before my run, it takes 30 seconds and the file is updated.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • dimitri balloccodimitri ballocco Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    now it works, thanks

ciao
  • JohanKJohanK Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Syncing it to the phone app doesn't do the same thing? I've had it several times now that I've had to wait at least three minutes before it would vibrate (after I charged it and connected it to my phone).
    I charge my phone using a usb charger in a wall outlet as my computer isn't always on and I sync it with my iOS TomTom App (at the time of this post it's TomTom Sports 3.0.2 Build 504). The App is set up to use mobile data to collect the GPSFix files.
  • xray79xray79 Posts: 160 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    JohanK wrote:
    Syncing it to the phone app doesn't do the same thing? I've had it several times now that I've had to wait at least three minutes before it would vibrate (after I charged it and connected it to my phone).
    I charge my phone using a usb charger in a wall outlet as my computer isn't always on and I sync it with my iOS TomTom App (at the time of this post it's TomTom Sports 3.0.2 Build 504). The App is set up to use mobile data to collect the GPSFix files.
    Via the app the GPS should be updated as well. Just make sure that the watch and phone break the connection itself. I've found several occasions that i thought that the app was finished but the QuickGPS wasn't updated properly via the app. I guess i closed the app to soon. There is no real indication on the app that GPS is updated. I'm using the PC daily so i'll update the watch on the PC rather than the app. It's quicker and more stable in my opinion.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 4,724 Community Manager
    xray79 wrote:
    Via the app the GPS should be updated as well. Just make sure that the watch and phone break the connection itself. I've found several occasions that i thought that the app was finished but the QuickGPS wasn't updated properly via the app. I guess i closed the app to soon. There is no real indication on the app that GPS is updated. I'm using the PC daily so i'll update the watch on the PC rather than the app. It's quicker and more stable in my opinion.
    That indication is coming. It was too late for version 4 but it will be coming with version 5 of the app.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 4,724 Community Manager
    JohanK wrote:
    Does the QuickQPSfix date only not get updated using the mobile app or also when you're using the desktop app?
  • JohanKJohanK Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    First of all, thank you all for your quick replies and help.
    Jürgen wrote:
    JohanK wrote:
    Does the QuickQPSfix date only not get updated using the mobile app or also when you're using the desktop app?

I'll try it, I have to wait several days for the gpsfix checkmark to disappear. I will update here when I know.