New MySports Connect v3.0.9 available for download - Page 3 — TomTom Community

New MySports Connect v3.0.9 available for download

13»

Comments

• ronvisczronviscz Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    ronviscz wrote:
    I can't connect my tomtom spark to computer trough that new app. The old was fine, but now it isn't. I can't do ANYTHINK! You just messed it up!
    Hi. Can you provide some information as to what the problem is exactly? Is the watch recognised when you connect it to the computer? Does MySports Connect open when you connect it? If so then can you use the Submit App Data in the Advanced section of the Settings page to send the logs file. Do this with the watch connected and let me know when you have done it.

Regards,
    Stuart.

Hi, when I connect my watches to the computer, it just opens a normal folder (This pc > TomTom GPS Watch) and anythink else. I tried reinstalling the new app, but it doesn't help. I tried to install the old one from an old installation file, then the MySports Connect says me just that I have to upgrade the app. But it doesn't work, as I said...
    What can I do with this issue? Thank you for your answer.
  • audijs wrote:
    Hi Stuart,
    MySports Connect starts when I connect the watch. I get the message that the app synchronizes settings. I don't get an error message. I don't get the message x activities wait for uploading. And a Try again button is not visible.
    I'm using a MacBook, not Windows.
    I did a submit app data last weekend. Did you receive that log?
    Hi. Yes, and looking through it there have been no activities on your watch when connecting to the Mac since 2016-09-18. You have 2 uploads after that date (25th and 28th) from the mobile app.

When you connect via mobile any activities are taking off the watch, stored and uploaded. Therefore when you connect to MySports Connect it will no upload anything (since the activity is no longer on the watch).

If you are missing any activities then I suspect they are on your phone waiting to upload.

Regards,
    Stuart.
  • ronviscz wrote:
    ronviscz wrote:
    I can't connect my tomtom spark to computer trough that new app. The old was fine, but now it isn't. I can't do ANYTHINK! You just messed it up!
    Hi. Can you provide some information as to what the problem is exactly? Is the watch recognised when you connect it to the computer? Does MySports Connect open when you connect it? If so then can you use the Submit App Data in the Advanced section of the Settings page to send the logs file. Do this with the watch connected and let me know when you have done it.

Regards,
    Stuart.

Hi, when I connect my watches to the computer, it just opens a normal folder (This pc > TomTom GPS Watch) and anythink else. I tried reinstalling the new app, but it doesn't help. I tried to install the old one from an old installation file, then the MySports Connect says me just that I have to upgrade the app. But it doesn't work, as I said...
    What can I do with this issue? Thank you for your answer.
    Hi. So MySports Connect is definitely running (watch icon in the system tray with 'Open' and 'Exit' options)? But when you connect the watch the watch window does not appear. I assume this is on Windows? This means that Windows is not correctly detecting the watch. Try the steps in this post
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mysports-connectappswebsite-389/mysports-connect-wont-open-on-computer-989105?postid=1115963

NOTE: that the path is wrong the program is actually in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\TomTom\MySportsConnect\bin\RegistryDeviceCleanup.exe

If Windows is detecting the device correct (a new entry is added/removed under 'Human Interface Devices' in Device Manager when the watch is connect/disconnected), then if you use the Submit App Data of the Advanced section of the Settings page to send the log files and post the XX.... reference ID that it displays I can investigate what is happening.

Regards,
    Stuart.
    Hi. So MySports Connect is definitely running (watch icon in the system tray with 'Open' and 'Exit' options)? But when you connect the watch the watch window does not appear. I assume this is on Windows? This means that Windows is not correctly detecting the watch. Try the steps in this post
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mysports-connectappswebsite-389/mysports-connect-wont-open-on-computer-989105?postid=1115963

NOTE: that the path is wrong the program is actually in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\TomTom\MySportsConnect\bin\RegistryDeviceCleanup.exe

If Windows is detecting the device correct (a new entry is added/removed under 'Human Interface Devices' in Device Manager when the watch is connect/disconnected), then if you use the Submit App Data of the Advanced section of the Settings page to send the log files and post the XX.... reference ID that it displays I can investigate what is happening.

Regards,
    Stuart.

I can see some new human interface devices, when I connect the watches. But that's all... I started the program - RegistryDeviceCleanup.exe, but nothing happened. The MySports Connect still doesn't work and I can't even run it by clicking on the icon.

I don't know how to search that ID reference, sorry.. I don't have any advanced section in device manager.

The watches are great, but I payed extra money for the cardio + music (+headphones) version and I hate it, when I wanna run and listen to music..
  • ronviscz wrote:
    I can see some new human interface devices, when I connect the watches. But that's all... I started the program - RegistryDeviceCleanup.exe, but nothing happened. The MySports Connect still doesn't work and I can't even run it by clicking on the icon.

I don't know how to search that ID reference, sorry.. I don't have any advanced section in device manager.

The watches are great, but I payed extra money for the cardio + music (+headphones) version and I hate it, when I wanna run and listen to music..
    Hi. So when you run MySports Connect there is no system tray icon?
    28dac435-b76a-4573-9d65-fd1283836310.png

The registry cleanup program will just flash a terminal window for a split second. It is just removing all knowledge from Windows of TomTom watches. Next time you connect your watch windows will re-install the device drivers.

Sorry, I was referring to MySports Connect Settings page. There is an Advanced section with a Submit app data.

So I would
    1. Reboot your PC (always the first thing to try for any strange problems)
    2. Connect your watch and check that device manager detects it. i.e. an enter appears under Human Interface Devices when you connect and disappears when you remove it.
    3. Check that MySports Connect can run (watch icon in the system tray)
    4. Exit MySports Connect (use the 'Exit' option of the system tray watch icon), connect the watch and then re-start MySports Connect. If the watch is not detected then disconnect the watch and re-connect it.
    5. Then use the button in the Submit App data in the Advanced Section of the MySports Connect to send the logs. This will display a 'XX...' Reference Id which I will need to be able to find the logs.

Regards,
    Stuart.
    Is there any alternative way to add music to Tomtom Spark? It still doesn't works...
  • ronviscz wrote:
    Is there any alternative way to add music to Tomtom Spark? It still doesn't works...
    Hi. Previously it sounded like the watch was not being detected by My Sports Connect and now you are asking about adding music. What exactly is the problem you are having?

If you copy a playable music track to the music drive then the watch will put it under the All Music playlist, but if My Sports Connect is not detecting the watch they you won't be able to upgrade the firmware, upload activities or update the QuickGPS information, so that needs to be sorted.

If you explain the problem and send the log files I requested then I can investigate what is happening.

NOTE, I will not be around next week (31st - 4th).

Regards,
    Stuart.
  • denisdubdenisdub Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    since the update to 3.0.9 was pushed, i cannot get the mysports connect app to run on the computer (win 7). I tried updating, didn't work, uninstalling the old version, and installing the new, same result, full uninstall with registry cleaning, then reinsitalling still does not work. It seems that the application crashes when it's first launched by the installer during the install process (crash report dumps appear in AppData\Local\TomTom\MySportsConnect\crash-reports on each try). I never receive a confirmation that the software has correctly installed and if i try to open it from the menu, it doesnt help (another crash report added). the log file is not very helpful.

Any idea to have it working again on the computer? it worked fine before the update. syncing through a smartphone works fine, but i prefer syncing via the computer.
  • denisdub wrote:
    since the update to 3.0.9 was pushed, i cannot get the mysports connect app to run on the computer (win 7). I tried updating, didn't work, uninstalling the old version, and installing the new, same result, full uninstall with registry cleaning, then reinsitalling still does not work. It seems that the application crashes when it's first launched by the installer during the install process (crash report dumps appear in AppData\Local\TomTom\MySportsConnect\crash-reports on each try). I never receive a confirmation that the software has correctly installed and if i try to open it from the menu, it doesnt help (another crash report added). the log file is not very helpful.

Any idea to have it working again on the computer? it worked fine before the update. syncing through a smartphone works fine, but i prefer syncing via the computer.
    Hi. Just to rule out one possibility can you try the steps in this post (you're not getting the error message, but I want to be sure it's not caused by the same problem).

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mysports-connectappswebsite-389/new-mysports-connect-v309-available-for-download-1010833?postid=1116941

What exactly happens when you open it from the menu? If the previous instance crashed then it will display a "Sorry we crashed" message and offer to set the crash and then go to the "Please connect your device" screen.

So if it crashes when run after installation and then you run it from the menu I would expect the "Sorry we crashed" message, but does it crash again if you try to go past that screen? If not then what happens when you connect a watch?

If it is crashing when you go past the 'Sorry we crashed' page then can you
    1. Use the 'Send' button to send crash report
    2. Restart MySports Connect.
    3. When you get to the 'Sorry we crashed' screen, click the cog icon and use the 'Send now' button of the Submit App Data in the advanced section to send log files. This will display a 'XX....' reference Id. Post that value here.

Thanks,

Stuart.
  • denisdubdenisdub Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thx for your reply. I tried the trick you mentioned, but without luck.
    When I open from the menu, the hourglass briefly appears twice, and then nothing, but the extra crash report dump.
    When I do a clean reinstall, and click to view the details, the install process closes down when it says it's starting the application. A new crash report is then added.
    I do all this without attaching the watch to the computer. If I attach the watch, it's just charging.

I could send you the crash dumps and logs, if it helps.

Thx for your help.
  • Hi. I've sent you a pm for the log and crash dumps.
    Regards,
    Stuart.
  • AirtymAirtym Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hello, I need help with GPS Multi Sport Cardio Watch running version 1.8.52. I did a ride the other day and as usual used my iPhone app to sync the activity. The app did it's thing and showed it was finished. But never "reported" a result and displayed the activity. I check Strava and it didn't send it there either. I did a test but creating another activity and ran around the yard and completed the activity. That sync'd first time, displayed in the app and then sync'd to Strava. The activity still shows on my watch. I tried using the current MYSPORTS CONNECT application on my Macbook to download the data directly but it doesn't let you do that anymore. If there is any hope of getting this data off the watch please. help. Thanks, Josh.
  • Hi,
    When you connect to your phone the activity is removed and stored on the phone. What you see on the watch is just a summary. Therefore connecting to Sports Connect on you computer will not do anything since the activity is no longer on the watch. If something has gone wrong with the mobile app you can look for it's copy of the activity and put in onto your mac to upload.

See this page for details.
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17391

Regards,
    Stuart.
    "If something has gone wrong with the mobile app you can look for it's copy of the activity and put in onto your mac to upload." How do I look for it on my iPhone if that where it is?
  • Hi. The link I posted has the steps to find the file (.ttbin file). See the first step, "Copy your .ttbin file. Show me how" and click the 'Show me how' link.

Regards,
    Stuart.
    Yeah!!! You're the man. That worked perfectly, thank you.