New MySports Connect v3.0.9 available for download - Page 2 — TomTom Community

New MySports Connect v3.0.9 available for download

Comments

• PRWIPRWI Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    This solved the issue thx!:)
  • simopa81simopa81 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello, after upgrade to 3.0.9 I can't upload my activities to Tomtom mysport connect. The program keeps asking me to connect the watch to my computer. I have Windows Vista and until now it has always worked correctly.
    Thank you, Simone
  • simopa81 wrote:
    Hello, after upgrade to 3.0.9 I can't upload my activities to Tomtom mysport connect. The program keeps asking me to connect the watch to my computer. I have Windows Vista and until now it has always worked correctly.
    Thank you, Simone
    Hi. The first thing to try are steps in this post
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mysports-connectappswebsite-389/mysports-connect-wont-open-on-computer-989105?postid=1115963
    note that the path is wrong the program is actually in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\TomTom\MySportsConnect\bin\RegistryDeviceCleanup.exe

If Windows is detecting the device correct (a new entry is added/removed under 'Human Interface Devices' in Device Manager when the watch is connect/disconnected). Then let me know I can get log files to investigate further.

Regards,
    Stuart.
  • Marelize_LombardMarelize_Lombard Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,

I cannot download the Mysports connect. I get the following error:

Please help
  • Hi,

I cannot download the Mysports connect. I get the following error:

Please help
    Hi. Try closing the existing MySports Connect (use the system tray icon to exit it) and then download the latest from tomtom.com/123

Regards,
    Stuart.
  • RBridgeRBridge Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I've got the same 'failed to create OpenGL..." issue. The "--hw-gfx" work around has temporarily solved it. I'm using the same AMD FirePro graphics card as the earlier user with this same issue.
    I really wish TomTom would give users the option to update or not, instead of forcing updates all the time. This is my main reason not to recommend the watch to other people.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,202 Community Manager
    RBridge wrote:
    I really wish TomTom would give users the option to update or not, instead of forcing updates all the time..
    MySports, MySports Connect and the watches tie together very closely. Not updating one of the components potentially leads to incompatibility over time.
  • RBridge wrote:
    I really wish TomTom would give users the option to update or not, instead of forcing updates all the time. This is my main reason not to recommend the watch to other people.
    Hi. The problem is the server side services move on and change, so the older versions won't work. For example MySports Connect used to use a service to obtain the altitudes for the list of GPS points, but that is now done server side and there is no service any more.
    Regards,
    Stuart.
  • bazzer007bazzer007 Posts: 21 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi. There should be no need to keep ttbin files since these are an internal format file and so not of any use outside of our servers.

I can see that the server provided the KML/TCX/etc so MySports Connect should of downloaded and saved them. If the 'Show new activities' checkbox is not ticked then MySports Connect won't automatically open the folder to the files, but they should have been saved to
    C:\Users\[your user]\TomTom MySports\[watch name]\[date]

and in fact if they weren't then it should have said there was a problem uploaded the activity.

If the files are not there can you use the 'Submit app data' in the Advance section of the Settings page to send the current logs. Do this with your watch connected and I can find the data, if you do it without a watch connected then please post the 'XX..' refererence Id it displays.

For some reason Edge must be associated as the default application to handle links opened by MySports Connect. Can you try the steps here
    http://www.solveyourtech.com/how-to-choose-what-program-opens-when-i-click-a-link-in-outlook/
    (it's for opening links in Outlook, but the idea is the same; Windows is using the wrong browser for links opened by another application).

Regards,
    Stuart.
    Hi Stuart,
    I really appreciate your response. It's great that you're trying to support these issues.

At least I've solved both my issues with a restart. How? I'm embarrassed to say the answer is obvious now. I don't run as administrator, but needed to elevate for the install. It must have remained running in that context, which is why the browser association was still to Edge and why the files ended up in Admin's user folder!

I'm happy to say I found them (obviously searching from my regular user couldn't!) and looks like nothing has changed for me. Still copies ttbin and all the export files. This is great for me! Please tell me you won't remove the option to save the ttbin file. I know you say it should be unnecessary, but it's the only file, as far as I know, that keeps the cadence info (i.e. it's not in the tcx or fit file that I use for Garmin) and I have created an app for extracting this info from ttbin (accepting that it is an internal format and, likely, subject to change).

I tried the option of sending app data but not sure if this would really help in this instance since it probably returns the logs from my usual user rather than the admin but as I say, no need to worry now anyway! Thanks again!
  • snoze88snoze88 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    hi,
    after installing this last update (3.0.9) my tomtom runner is not more recognized by my pc (windows 7). I'm the only one experiencing this?
    I also don't see the device in the device manager panel
  • snoze88 wrote:
    hi,
    after installing this last update (3.0.9) my tomtom runner is not more recognized by my pc (windows 7). I'm the only one experiencing this?
    I also don't see the device in the device manager panel
    Hi. See the steps in this thread to try and get window recognising the watch again.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mysports-connectappswebsite-389/mysports-connect-wont-open-on-computer-989105?postid=1115963

note that the path is wrong the program is actually in

Until the device is recognised by windows MySports Connect will not do anything. It doesn't touch device drivers or anything like that (it simply waits until windows detects a new device).

Regards,

Stuart.
  • snoze88snoze88 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks, I'll test it as soon as possible

Could this problem be related with the update?
  • LFosterLFoster Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I lost my bluetooth connection whilst uploading from watch to iphone app.
    So the activity has not appeared in mysports, but the ttbin file is all there present and correct.
    I connected watch to laptop and got no errors about a pending upload as is referred to in other help topics.
    In the past you would double click the file and it would reupload to mysports and strava
    Now with this update all that happens when I do this is my sports connect appears and tells me the watch is ready to go - there is no option to reupload this file anywhere as far as I can see. What do I do with the file to make it upload
  • LFosterLFoster Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I've found the advice to rename the file with all the zeroes and solved this now thanks.
    Have to say the old way was far simpler.
  • snoze88 wrote:
    Thanks, I'll test it as soon as possible

Could this problem be related with the update?
    Hi. Strange as it may sound I don't see how it can be. MySports Connect literally just deletes the old files and installs the new files. It doesn't know about or touch devices or anything like that. Windows suddenly not recognising a device has happened occasionally and with tens of thousands of people installing the new software it's not unlikely that the problem occurs at the same time for at least some of those.

Regards,
    Stuart.
  • LFoster wrote:
    I've found the advice to rename the file with all the zeroes and solved this now thanks.
    Have to say the old way was far simpler.
    Hi. The re-export will eventually be available on the website. Therefore the only time a ttbin is would be needed is if you deleted an activity by accident from the MySports website.
    Regards,
    Stuart.
  • jstone122003jstone122003 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Will I need to re-register my watch to get it to work? That's the only option I see when I go to the website you mentioned above. I haven't connected my TomTom Runner to transfer my information since about mid August. I attempted to connect my watch this evening and got the following message "The MySports Connect version must be at least 3.0.9 for the current configuration. However, there was an error getting the latest version. MySports Connect will now exit." Do I need to delete and redownload the MySports Connect software on my computer. I've tried to troubleshoot the issue on my own, but I'm at a lose. Thanks!
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,907 Superusers
    Will I need to re-register my watch to get it to work? That's the only option I see when I go to the website you mentioned above. I haven't connected my TomTom Runner to transfer my information since about mid August. I attempted to connect my watch this evening and got the following message "The MySports Connect version must be at least 3.0.9 for the current configuration. However, there was an error getting the latest version. MySports Connect will now exit." Do I need to delete and redownload the MySports Connect software on my computer. I've tried to troubleshoot the issue on my own, but I'm at a lose. Thanks!

If your version is too old, it will not update automatically. You need to uninstall it and then go to tomtom.com/123 and download the latest software and install it.
  • ronvisczronviscz Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    I can't connect my tomtom spark to computer trough that new app. The old was fine, but now it isn't. I can't do ANYTHINK! You just messed it up!
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,907 Superusers
    ronviscz wrote:
    I can't connect my tomtom spark to computer trough that new app. The old was fine, but now it isn't. I can't do ANYTHINK! You just messed it up!

Did you try uninstalling the software and reinstalling it (after downloading a fresh copy from tomtom.com? Are you getting any error messages and is the watch charging still? If not, it may be that your dock is broken.
  • audijsaudijs Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Latest version seems not to be great. So far, the software worked fine. But today my runs has nog been uploaded to Mysports.
  • ronviscz wrote:
    Hi. Can you provide some information as to what the problem is exactly? Is the watch recognised when you connect it to the computer? Does MySports Connect open when you connect it? If so then can you use the Submit App Data in the Advanced section of the Settings page to send the logs file. Do this with the watch connected and let me know when you have done it.

Regards,
    Stuart.
  • audijs wrote:
    Latest version seems not to be great. So far, the software worked fine. But today my runs has nog been uploaded to Mysports.
    Hi. Can you provide some more information? Did MySports Connect start when you connected the watch? Was an error displayed that it could not upload the activities? If so does the Settings page show a 'X activities waiting for upload' with a 'Try again' button?

If the watch is not being detected and MySports Connect is not opening a window then try the steps in this post

NOTE: that the path is wrong the program is actually in

If Windows is detecting the device correct (a new entry is added/removed under 'Human Interface Devices' in Device Manager when the watch is connect/disconnected), then if you use the Submit App Data of the Advanced section of the Settings page to send the log files I can investigate what is happening.

Regards,
    Stuart.
  • audijsaudijs Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi Stuart,
    MySports Connect starts when I connect the watch. I get the message that the app synchronizes settings. I don't get an error message. I don't get the message x activities wait for uploading. And a Try again button is not visible.
    I'm using a MacBook, not Windows.
    I did a submit app data last weekend. Did you receive that log?
  • ronvisczronviscz Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Hi, when I connect my watches to the computer, it just opens a normal folder (This pc > TomTom GPS Watch) and anythink else. I tried reinstalling the new app, but it doesn't help. I tried to install the old one from an old installation file, then the MySports Connect says me just that I have to upgrade the app. But it doesn't work, as I said...
    What can I do with this issue? Thank you for your answer.