Bandit App doesnt work on iOS 10

the-civviethe-civvie Posts: 545 [Exalted Navigator]
Just a heads up, if you need the Bandit App, don't upgrade to iOS 10, as soon as the App find the camera is crashes

Comments

• EmptyFibersEmptyFibers Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same problem here. Crashes with or with out connecting to camera, try-out mode crashes it as well.
  • ChrisChris Posts: 934 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    I'm looking into where we are with the update for iOS 10, I hope to have an update for you shortly.
  • JeeperJeeper Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same issue, Bandit app crashes after upgrading to iOS 10. Evidently this was a known issue during iOS 10 Beta testing and obviously wasn't corrected before general release. Disappointing, especially since I have a trip planned to Colorado next week which is the primary reason I bought the Bandit. I shouldn't have to check forums for known issues with iOS upgrades experienced during the beta test cycle. I guess I should've gone with GoPro.
  • inkedriderinkedrider Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Any chance we can have an ETA Chris? Are we talking days or months?
  • bjtatzbjtatz Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    so this sucks !!!! i updated my phone yesterday ! took delivery of bandit today as been looking into suitable camera for months and finally took the leap to the tom-tom , set it all up to find this is happening when connecting to my phone !! I'm travelling across europe next thursday and bought this ready for that so i could share things via the internet to my family at home !!please tell me it going to be sorted or else I'm going to be sending this back !!!
  • Kensam7701Kensam7701 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same issue here. i have a trip to florida and i wanna use it but the freakin app crashes.

HELP any idea of when an up date will arise
  • the-civviethe-civvie Posts: 545 [Exalted Navigator]
    Jeeper wrote:
    Same issue, Bandit app crashes after upgrading to iOS 10. Evidently this was a known issue during iOS 10 Beta testing and obviously wasn't corrected before general release. Disappointing, especially since I have a trip planned to Colorado next week which is the primary reason I bought the Bandit. I shouldn't have to check forums for known issues with iOS upgrades experienced during the beta test cycle. I guess I should've gone with GoPro.

Not sure if it was a bug r what, but I had a couple of apps stop when using Wifi and after upgrade they are fine. I do notice that in iOS 10, the Wifi will show if a connection has internet for devices like the Bandit so maybe that is the problem

Just tried editing the connection in the Wifi section of iOS and no change, app still changed. I am trying to remember the other app that crashed using Wifi
  • AvdHAvdH Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Any news tomtom? waiting!
  • Paddy12345Paddy12345 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    looking like go pro for me...highlighted this here over a month ago whilst beta testing ios 10... still nothing??
    Until iOS 10 was released out of beta, TomTom would not make any changes as Apple could have undone the change that broke the Bandit app, give them some time
  • Paddy12345Paddy12345 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    that's all very well, but it says the app is compatible with ios 7 or later..... so when you do your research and check compatibility before you buy and then find out it doesn't work... why should I give them more time? I have also bought it for my holiday which is soon!!
    Still waiting.. apparently we (customers) are not even important enough to provide an update on this topic.
    Paddy12345 wrote:
    that's all very well, but it says the app is compatible with ios 7 or later..... so when you do your research and check compatibility before you buy and then find out it doesn't work... why should I give them more time? I have also bought it for my holiday which is soon!!

When the app was released July 21st, iOS 10 was not even out in public beta. So they have no way to test it. And when the beta came out, it broke something, but TomTom have to wait till the full release before trying to fix the error as Apple could have changed something that either fixed or further caused problems
  • BargainBikerBrandsBargainBikerBrands Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Any news on the update Tom Tom as I have just lost a sale of a camera as it would not work with the customers iPhone with the latest update to IOS 10. Was also planning to use my own Bandit on a 4 day trip to Southern Ireland leaving tomorrow..........
  • Jason DavisJason Davis Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Any news on this yet?, I have a brand new camera that I've used twice and now it's completely useless?
    Any news on this yet?, I have a brand new camera that I've used twice and now it's completely useless?

It's not really useless. And I believe that TomTom are working on a newer version to fix this
    No answer still from TomTom. 3 working days have passed but no time to provide a single line update to its customers.. Apple releases a beta version not for fun, so get organised! It is simply a useless tool. Like a car that can only drive in reverse; sure i can drive it but that is not what it is supposed to do nor how it was sold. No excuses...
    A lot of companies won't work with beta software, simply because they may make a change and then Apple could change something else. At the moment, the current App review time is around 3 days so even if they uploaded it to Apple a day or two ago, we are still going to be waiting.

Hopefully Chris or one of the other TomTom employees will update us
  • JusttheticketJusttheticket Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Received a Bandit today - got it all setup and now discover the IOS app is not 10 friendly.

Absolutely no excuse why a company like Tom Tom should not have been beta testing thr Bandit App and releasing it either immediately with IOS 10, or indeed ahead of launch as other manufacturers have done.

Strikes me a company with all their eggs in the sat nav industry, now a dying industry from a hardware sale point of view, would put all their energy behind their latest venture into Action Video market and ensure a timely release of software.

From my point of view if there is no update to the Bandit software by Saturday, on Sunday the £374 of Bandit kit and accessories will be getting returned to Amazon [free] marked "not fit for purpose" and a Hero 5 Purchased as a replacement.

My full sympathies to anyone who bought the kit for upcoming travel, thankfully I have no trips planned, but still am not into have expensive redundant kit.
  • Backin DwipadaBackin Dwipada Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Yep, Updated iOS yesterday and was psyched to get a cool time lapse through Glenwood Springs canyon on I70 but................. ended up using the the iPhone time lapse. Finding these posts comforts me its not a personal hardware problem but not happy TOmtom has not handled the issue by now.
    They should have been POISED to Jump All Over This at release. Guess all the good coders are dong Mr Robot stuff.........:D
  • Shaun25Shaun25 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I found out that tomtom has finished making the app compatible and now they've submitted it to apple and waiting for them to accept and upload the update
  • Senpai70Senpai70 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Normally developers get the beta BEFORE it's even public (like in past years). Today I positioned my Bandit "blindly" on my dashboard with poor visual because the app wasn't working on iOS 10. And still the firmware splits files at 4GB... sadly disappointed.
    Senpai70 wrote:
    Normally developers get the beta BEFORE it's even public (like in past years). Today I positioned my Bandit "blindly" on my dashboard with poor visual because the app wasn't working on iOS 10. And still the firmware splits files at 4GB... sadly disappointed.

The firmware will always spilt files at the 4GB mark as that is the FAT standard and every action cam I have used all do it, various GoPro, SJ's and a few others.
    Shaun25 wrote:
    I found out that tomtom has finished making the app compatible and now they've submitted it to apple and waiting for them to accept and upload the update

Which is around 3 days according to appreviewtimes.com
  • Shaun25Shaun25 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    That 3 days is on a regular basis, however, with iOS 10 many app developers will be submitting their update aswell so now it depends on how efficient apple will be with the mass influx