TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

Route exploring in runner 2?

WebbeRWebbeR Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Will be available the route exploring in runner 2 by any update?

And... There will be multi alarm on runner 2?

Thanks

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,612 Superusers
    WebbeR wrote:
    Will be available the route exploring in runner 2 by any update?

And... There will be multi alarm on runner 2?

Thanks

I would not expect them to add the route exploring to the Runner since it does not have a compass in it, which is required for the route exploring to work. And they are looking to sell new watches, not give away the key feature on the new watches for free.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • bvdaalenbvdaalen Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just a graphic map of the route you are running would already be very helpful, especially when running in strange surroundings. It seems easy to add that feature to the firmware, but it's probably not gonna happen since Tomtom Runner 3 is out now and feature set improvements for this 'older' watch will probably be zero. I keep hoping though :8.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,612 Superusers
    bvdaalen wrote:
    Just a graphic map of the route you are running would already be very helpful, especially when running in strange surroundings. It seems easy to add that feature to the firmware, but it's probably not gonna happen since Tomtom Runner 3 is out now and feature set improvements for this 'older' watch will probably be zero. I keep hoping though :8.

The issue is the storage for the maps, since as I understand it the storage is hardware based (it is allocated for code, map storage music storage, etc.) and the lack of a compass. It has no way to orient you on a map without a compass. And in any case, they are not going to go back and give for free what is the only new selling point in the Runner3. Trails is the only new feature and if they gave it to the Runner2 watches no one would buy a Runner3. They would get a Runner2 on discount and then just upgrade it for free.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • smallerxiesmallerxie Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    In their product page, the Runner 2 (Spark) DOES have a compass, so it's fault?