How to install POI's for Trucker 6000? — TomTom Community

How to install POI's for Trucker 6000?

kenharrison07kenharrison07 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
I am a coach driver using tomtom trucker 6000,POI's are a must in this business, where can I get POI's for my GPS?

Comments

• GAZTruckerGAZTrucker Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I had this same problem myself with the 6000 - class 1 driver and wanted to set up POI's for keyfuels sites which keyfuels provide a data file for on their website. However - after some investigation I found out that TomTom basically does not support it - apparently there is some sort of technical workaround using 3rd party software but even then you have to buy the program, and its quite complicated to do after that. I've give up personally.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

There are millions of POIs preinstalled with the maps and we don't provide separate POI files. However, you can add 3rd party POIs to our device with MyDrive.

For more information and troubleshooting tips for MyDrive, please see this FAQ.

Cheers, Mikko
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,269
    Superusers
    Hi
    @kenharrison07
    Welcome to the site

Also.....
    GAZTrucker wrote:
    I had this same problem myself with the 6000 - class 1 driver and wanted to set up POI's for Keyfuels sites which Keyfuels provide a data file for on their website. However - after some investigation I found out that TomTom basically does not support it - apparently, there is some sort of technical workaround using 3rd party software but even then you have to buy the program, and it's quite complicated to do after that. I've given up personally.
    Hi

You use the Tomtom MyDrive Routeplanner to install your POI Categories to your device
    Here is the Link.... https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_gb

Tomtom video for using MyDrive... The loading of POI's starts at 2Minutes 10Seconds.....

My GO5000 with the KeyFuels POI .Ov2 file installed

6b078fb6-b5f6-46b3-97f1-8adda8f0d7e7.jpg(1).... MyDrive Routeplanner Showing the 'Import POI files' button'
    (2)... The KeyFuels POI .Ov2 file inported to my Tomtom MyDrive Cloud Account

4691c055-a43e-4560-88af-26029093788c.png

You can't show a POI category on the driving map
    Edit... Tomtom have released an update Ver 17.1 making it possible to view 3RD party POI's on the Driving view
    For the update details Ver 17.1... See
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-5xxx-6xxx-series-go-4xx-6xx-series-go-via-and-start-4x-6x-series-mydrive-connect-176/new-update-171-available-now-1021782?postid=1161181

You can also show categorised POI's on the Map during a search

For example... I have loaded the 3rd party POI's for the National Trust... To show the POI's for "National Trust" on the map, work your way down to option (2)

From the main screen
    Tap (....)4Dot Icon (Screen Bottom left)
    Swipe left or Tap the mid/right edge of the screen to go to and tap the MyPlaces Icon
    Scroll down and select the required POI Category For example "National Trust"
    You now have three options
    The Main search area turns blue and "National Trust" is offered with a flashing cursor
    Continue typing the name of the required "National Trust" site, Type dud(maston) (Or as much of the word that's required for Dudmaston Hall appear at the top of the National trust list
    Tap on Dudmaston Hall and select the Drive Icon

You also have two further options.....
    After the initial "National Trust" POI selection
    There's a dual Icon (screen bottom right) with Three Lines and Two circles

c5ffdc10-40f2-4a3f-8e7c-d08052319095.jpg(1)..... Tap the three Lines Icon (bottom right screen) and a scrollable list will appear of the "National Trust" sites in distance order

300706b9-db74-434b-aa0d-bdf54a5c3dd9.jpg
    (2)...... Tap the Two circle Icon for the "National Trust" sites POI's to appear on the screen (Pinch zoom for detail) (Note..... On the Start range it's easier to tap the plus and minus buttons to zoom the map screen)
    as far as I'm aware it will show the nearest 60ish POI's around your location

c21bff00-af3e-42ae-8817-dbde61072dc4.jpgThere is also a Keyboard Icon (screen bottom right) to return to the search window from the options (1) and (2)

The POI Icons are generic and dynamic the Icons change with the zoom level
    If you're searching for a 3RD party POI Category like a "Burger King" restaurant, the displayed generic Icons will all be for "Burger King" so using the present system you don't need the "Burger King" Logo

You can, of course, tap one of the generic Icons to open a quick menu
    With the name of the POI... The option to Drive there
    Plus a 3Dot Quick Menu Icon with further options

584f4d7a-ee9d-4123-81ec-20ba5a22107e.jpgATB YFM
  • GAZTruckerGAZTrucker Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Great information update - thank you. I did try to install the poi's via mydrive before a while back, but could not proceed for some technical reason however these instructions look great so I'm :Sgonna try again and will update you. thanks for help so far.
  • bubblegum57bubblegum57 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I have a Pro 5250, I copy ov2 files to a microsd card which is plugged into the device. The different categories then show up under my places.

I use Tyre to edit & add new poi's.

Not sure if this is possible on your device.
  • Big Paddy QuigleyBig Paddy Quigley Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Ive worked it out. You need to download TomTom Home to your pc and that gives you the option to import the poi file you want. Ive just done it with the Snap Parking and Key fuels. Make sure you 6000 is on and loged into your account and when you upload the poi file on the pc your satnav will tell you it has a new destination. Scroll down My Places and bingo there it is.

Good luck
  • Gav McElroyGav McElroy Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    why oh why did I let myself think tomtom would allow you to save your own poi's with the new update I cant connect my 6000 to tom tom home
  • Big Paddy QuigleyBig Paddy Quigley Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Try and download Tomtom Home 2. I did it this morning if that helps.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,269
    Superusers
    @Big Paddy Quigley
    Hi
    I assume you are ONLY downloading the POI Files using Tomtom Home 2
    You use the Tomtom's Web-based Route Planner to install POI's to a NAV4 Trucker 6000
    See...
    https://mydrive.tomtom.com
    See...
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/how-to-install-pois-for-trucker-6000-1010349?postid=1115584

ATB YFM
  • broony 555broony 555 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Loosing the will to live with this tomtom 520 pro.

I,m uploading the poi file and its taking it but when i search for any of the places they,re not there??So its like its taking the file but only some of it.

To make it clearer its my work places i,ve been to 734 of them added over years,its a 32kb ovi file so not big but when i search for various places only some will appear,for example parking-nothing and i know theres about 50 on there.

Cant understand why a 7 yr old xxl can work so well yet a £250 premium product??can go backwards.Only had it a week and it looks like its going back already.

Dont know if it helps any but i have the file set to open with POI Edit.