Petrol stations displayed along route — TomTom Community

Petrol stations displayed along route

I know that petrol stations are displayed on the route bar but is it possible to set a criteria and display only the stations I prefer? If I prefer Shell or BP, I would like to display only these stations. Thanks.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,206 Superusers
    In the newer models, afraid not.
  • Loaded_dogLoaded_dog Posts: 331 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    It is being worked on. (they tell us)
    This will be part of the long awaited "community" or third party POI implementation.
    The hope is that, for example, we will be able to choose Shell service stations as a CATEGORY and elect to show them (every Shell station) on the map whilst driving. Find a large thread about POI categories's near the top of the thread list for more info.
  • FandangoFandango Posts: 215 [Supreme Navigator]
    Hi Bokabil!

You may want to try the search function with the option "along the route" with the entry being the name of the company you are looking for. These will show as icon on the map and not on the route bar though.
  • bokabilbokabil Posts: 37 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Fandango wrote:
    Hi Bokabil!

You may want to try the search function with the option "along the route" with the entry being the name of the company you are looking for. These will show as icon on the map and not on the route bar though.

Not really keen on having to fiddle the GPS while driving, but I'll give this a try... For petrol stations, I always know my preferred brand so having that as a 'permanent' filter for the route bar info is useful for me.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,964 Superusers
    bokabil wrote:
    I know that petrol stations are displayed on the route bar, but is it possible to set criteria and display only the stations I prefer? If I prefer Shell or BP, I would like to display only these stations. Thanks.
    Hi
    Try.....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/how-to-install-pois-for-trucker-6000-1010349?postid=1115584
    Replace the references in the post to (KeyFuels the National Trust and BurgerKing)
    With your Shell or BP POI Catagories

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    Not really keen on having to fiddle the GPS while driving, but I'll give this a try... For petrol stations, I always know my preferred brand so having that as a 'permanent' filter for the route bar info is useful for me.

I fully understand your point. Notwithstanding the improvements implemented so far, the device is still lacking some basic/advanced POI management. Hopefully, more options are on the way as part of future updates.