Average Resting Heart Rate for Spark (Cardio) — TomTom Community

Average Resting Heart Rate for Spark (Cardio)

Gary V. JohnsonGary V. Johnson Posts: 1 [New Traveler]

My dashboard show nothing for average resting heart rate. When I click on this it tells me that I must wear the watch 2 hours at a time. I wear it over 20 hours a day. Why isn't this feature working.

Comments

• odeode Posts: 16 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Is heart rate turned on in the settings for "Tracker"?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,622
    Superusers
    My dashboard show nothing for average resting heart rate. When I click on this it tells me that I must wear the watch 2 hours at a time. I wear it over 20 hours a day. Why isn't this feature working.

Make sure you have the activity tracker on in general. You need to set a goal to turn it on. Go into the Tracker menu and select Goal> Steps and enter a steps goal and press right. The tracker will then be turned on. Then go into Heart and select On and Sleep and select On as appropriate. Pressing left from the clock screen will take you into the activity tracker graphs to see your progress.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • DDrunnerDDrunner Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    I have the same issue. The heart rate is turned on and I see it working on my Runner2 (green leds flashing every 10min) but I see nothing in the Average Resting Chart, the Average Resting number is there (56 BPM) but the chart shows nothing.
    Also another bug in the chart -> when selecting Freestyle and Week view the Average Distance is wrong, far too low. I actually have 4 Freestyle workouts where each single covers more than 2km (5km,2km,3km,3km) but the average is 1,35km
  • almatalmat Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I am experiencing the same issue with my Cardio Spark watch. For the pas 1,5 month it does not display any average resting despite wearing the watch correctly and having set a goal.

Please advise! Thanks
  • DDrunnerDDrunner Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    The issue seems to be resolved now, I am now able to see the chart!
  • almatalmat Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I still have the same issue..Is there a solution to the problem?
  • MariBRMariBR Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi there.

I have the Spark 3 (music + cardio). I have had it since December and suddenly the watch has stopped recording my resting heart rate.

I followed the advice above, i.e. to set a goal on the watch and ensure that the sensors for heart rate is on and that the tracking for heart and sleep are turned on. It still does not work.

Any ideas how this can be fixed?

Thanks,
    Mari
    Superusers
    MariBR wrote:
    Hi there.

I have the Spark 3 (music + cardio). I have had it since December and suddenly the watch has stopped recording my resting heart rate.

I followed the advice above, i.e. to set a goal on the watch and ensure that the sensors for heart rate is on and that the tracking for heart and sleep are turned on. It still does not work.

Any ideas how this can be fixed?

Thanks,
    Mari

Where are you looking? Is it not recording HR at all or not giving you the resting number on the graph? You can only see it on the progress tab when you have Activity tracking for the Day selected along with HR (see below above the graph). It will not give it to you on the watch or anywhere else. If you have Week selected it will give you the week over week change but only after several weeks of data have been compiled. If it was giving it before and stopped you should clear the cache on your browser and factory reset the watch in case it is an issue with the firmware.

To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the watch to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select Factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided, giving the watch the same name and using the same email address. When prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

65316b49-787d-4095-b9c8-9b9e95949268.png
  • Daniel GabbDaniel Gabb Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    On the graph above, what is the difference between the average resting 37 bpm and the avg as displayed in the graph, 51 avg min 32 ?

any ideas ?
    Superusers
    The average on the graph is the average HR for the day and the minimum i the minimum for the day. The resting is listed at the bottom. Your resting HR is not necessarily the minimum for the day, there is a logic that determines what the resting HR is, taking out noise and other factors.
  • GrupstraGrupstra Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I also have the Issue that, when I connect my device (Spark 3 cardio+music) to my computer and go to the online dashboard and click on Average Resting in the Acvitivy Tracker, it says I have to wear the watch at least 2 hours a day. I've been wearing it 24/7 now for about 5 weeks. I've got all trackers on "on" (heart and sleep) since the start and have set a calories goal (3K). Also, when I press left in the menu I only see steps, active time, burned calories and slee time, no current heart rate. How can i solve this?
  • GrupstraGrupstra Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I never get this graph.... Have everyting on "on" in the tracker, but it keeps saying I have to wear it at least 2 hours a day. Been wearing it 24/7 for about 5 weeks now... How did you get the graph?
  • Speedy GonzalesSpeedy Gonzales Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem. A few days ago the average resting heart rate was sampled and displayed every few minutes. Now it does not. Instead it samples every few hours. As a test, I went into the run mode and waited to see the HR. The next morning the reading was displayed in the "day" graph for average resting HR, but no other HR was recorded over the 10 hour period. There is a bug in the software?
    And yes, I have all three activities turned on.
    And yes, this is in the computer graphs on my TomTom website.
    And yes, I wear my TomTom 24/7.
  • GrangerGranger Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same issue as Seedy Gonzalez. HR samples only in every few hours, 5-6 times a day. I bought my watch 3 weeks ago, it was like that since. Do you have any advice? Thank you.
  • DylanDPenhaDylanDPenha Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Having a Similar Problem to Speedy Gonzalez above - The HR Monitor keeps getting turned off on its own. It definitely is a software Bug. It does not permit turning this back on to Monitor the HR. I had to forget & pair the device again to make it work. But still the problem persists.. Why cant this be kept on as a matter of Choice. We paid for it