GPS positioning in case of breakdown on GO 600 — TomTom Community

GPS positioning in case of breakdown on GO 600

TomTom 600/6100 - How do I advise GPS breakdown position in remote areas or away from crossroads/towns? Previous TomTom could see GPS position and advise emergency services.

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,564 Superuser
    @westrisk

To get current GPS co-ordinates.
    1. Go to the main menu of the device.
    2. Tap on search option.
    3. At the right upper corner, near blue arrow you will see an option that will allow you to choose latitude and longitude option (Icon will look like a map)
    4. When selected the latitude and longitude option you will see example latitude and longitude.
    5. These latitude and longitude are your exact location.
    Help others identify useful content :-
    If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍
    If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • westriskwestrisk Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you very much for your prompt response. I have checked the lat/long at a couple of locations and it changes so assume that it is showing current and correct position. Can I suggest this subject be included in the operating instructions brochure provided with new unit or at least the wording is changed on the actual TomTom so that it reads "your current GPSPosition is ........" and "enter GPS position where you want to go" to ensure clarity and avoid confusion.