Go Mobile supports Split-Screen Multitasking on Nougat? — TomTom Community

Go Mobile supports Split-Screen Multitasking on Nougat?

riki66riki66 Posts: 432 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
Android Nougat was released today and it features "Split-Screen Multitasking".
According to google it should work with every app except the ones who run in "full-screen mode" and the ones in which developers disabled the feature.
I was wondering if someone here has a nexus phone and could check if tomtom go works in this mode (maybe with waze as second "multitasking app").

Thanks

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi riki66,

Thanks for bringing this up!

This feature is currently not supported on GO Mobile. Unfortunately, at this point I don't have further information as to when/whether this feature might be enabled.

That being said, we log all feedback from the forum and report to the product teams to help them make informed decisions when they plan future releases. So keep your feedback coming! :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • riki66riki66 Posts: 432 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    No wait a second, the only reason for the app not to work with this feature is that developers set "resizableActivity" to "false" in the app manifest (which is unusual).
    Otherwise the app should work in split-screen mode by default (maybe with some problems if not correctly optimized but it should work).
    Anyway split-screen multitasking support should be very easy to add according to google developers page .
    Hopefully it will be supported in the near future.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi riki66,

I'm not familiar with the technical details but I'm sure they have a good reason for not enabling this feature at this point to insure the proper functioning of the app.

Cheers, Mikko
    Just a quick update on this: Split-Screen Multitasking is not officially supported but enabling "Force activities to be re-sizable" in the Developer Options forces the app to work in Split-Screen Multitasking ( and the app works perfectly in split-screen mode).
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Thanks for the tip ...

370d72f9-ec4d-4d95-82b3-43bee53a87ff.jpg... but I have not tested it in practice. :D
    It works but there are some problem with using two sat navs unfortunately.
    Basically both sat nav work but only the one which is "in focus" updates properly.
    For example i use tomtom and waze and keep tomtom in focus.
    Tomtom go works perfectly but in waze the map is "stuck" to the last moment waze was "in focus".
    Waze still works and provides warning about police, speedtraps ecc.. but the map isn't "moving" (most of the UI works correctly though).
    This problem is related to "hardware acceleration" and there still no way around it even with root.