"Waiting for Device" while updating GO 6100 - Page 3 — TomTom Community

"Waiting for Device" while updating GO 6100

13»

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,185 Superusers
    And you never contacted support initially because of poor battery life? Why not, it would have been covered under warranty.
  • AnatexisAnatexis Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Because i hardly ever use it outside the car. I use GPS in my job in the field every day and the only system with the durability and reliability is Garmin. Tom Tom is for lite users and this connectivity issue and the lack of any real response from Tom Tom to this long running thread highlights that exactly.
  • awwmarineawwmarine Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I am having the exact same prolem "waiting for your device". Disconnecting after half an hour does nothing. It is still "waiting for your device". Should I change the device to a Garmin!
    Call support for advice:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    Thanks for that. Will call them next week. Best regards
  • CC100CC100 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I have this problem also with a 6100 with the latest MyDrive Connect - 4.1.4.3089
    Try logging out of MyDriveConnect and logging back in.
    Thanks Elite, It seems to be working if one is prepared to wait a long time. Download to computer takes but a few minutes but then "waiting for device" takes an eternity. If you are prepared to wait for breakfast, lunch and dinner then it does suceeed in the end and the updates are completed. Just leave it to take its time.
  • PraktIvarPraktIvar Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Tried everything, reset the device (Start 25) multiple times both through device menu and holding the power button for ~30s to no avail. Finally I got it working but not as I expected.

Installed TomTome HOME in hopes that I would be able to upgrade the device through there since a previous reset left my map in a corrupted state. To my horror the program did not even recognize the device. Left the HOME program open while starting MyConnect and now the upgrade did not get stuck!!
  • KennySKennyS Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have a Rider 400 and it usually updates ok but it takes a silly amount of time in the range of 3 hours to get it done.
  • NorthantsstarNorthantsstar Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have a Mac with USB-C only, so I cannot connect directly to the computer but have to use an adaptor. I am stuck on "Waiting for Device"