Restoring purchases on GO Mobile (Android) — TomTom Community

Restoring purchases on GO Mobile (Android)

Molly's dadMolly's dad Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
I installed TomTom Go for Android in Australia a couple of months ago and then upgraded to 12 months. Driving around the UK & Ireland the app stopped working completely and wouldn't load. I eventually uninstalled then reinstalled it but it will not recognise my earlier purchase and now only allows 75 free kilometres instead of unlimited. How can I fix this?
When I try to enter TomTom Go or TomTom GPS Navigation into the Contact Us area no model is found and so I don't seem to get anywhere with contacting Support. Help please.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,333
    Superusers
    Call:

Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST
  • Molly's dadMolly's dad Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    OK, thanks will try that.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,142 Moderator
    Hi Molly's dad,

I can see that you have the unlimited subscription on you account. To restore the purchases on Go Mobile App select Upgrade in the Main menu, then select Restore Purchases. Log in to your TomTom account again to restore your existing Unlimited Navigation subscription.

See the user manual here: GO Mobile App

Hope it helps!

Regards,
    lampard
    Hi lampard
    This doesn't work for me. I wonder if it's because we're currently in the UK? Seems that this newly installed app doesn't recognise my Australian account. Is there a way to get around this?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,142 Moderator
    Hi Molly's dad,

If you can please follow the steps below to log out from the TT services in the app and try again

-Go into the main menu of the GO Mobile application
    -Select TomTom Services> Log out from the screen if already logged in.

Once you log out, then go to Upgrade option under settings> Restore Purchases> Login with your credentials and see if its showing unlimited subscription on the upgrade page now. If still no joy then contact our customer support with below details to get this sorted out:

Phone Model:
    Android version:
    App version:

Regards,
    lampard
    Hi lampard

This worked. Brilliant. Thanks so much - saved me an expensive phone call to Australia.
    Cheers
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Molly's dad,

You should be able to restore your purchases from any country. I'd recommend you to get in touch with Customer Service about this. The app is listed as GO Mobile for Android.

Cheers, Mikko
  • EstsolEstsol Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hello from Estonia ,
    have got the same problem after updated to GO.
    Have tried all as instructed but still geting *No purchases to restore* message.
    Hi Estsol,

Welcome to the Community!

I don't see a subscription on your TomTom account but you might be using another account in the app. Please, make sure you're using the correct credentials.

Cheers, Mikko
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi Estsol,

Welcome to the Community!

I don't see a subscription on your TomTom account but you might be using another account in the app. Please, make sure you're using the correct credentials.

Cheers, Mikko

Hello, I also do not see any subscription for this app on Google Play , but Ibought Europe GPS Navigation TomTom app from Google Play in march 2013(paid 65 euros) and it was working great untill I made reset to the phone and downloaded app again. Somehow it became Tom Tom GO and started to ask for upgrade.
    I am using same account as on google play. Do I have to by subscription for this new GO app ?
    Hi Estsol,

The old Navigation for Android app has been discontinued a long time ago. GO Mobile works with a different subscription model. The app itself is free for certain amount of kilometres and you can download any available map for free as well. The Unlimited Navigation subscription is an in-app purchase and registered on your TomTom account. See here for more information.

Cheers, Mikko
    Ok, thank you.