Can GO6100 change to night mode when driving trough a tunnel?

Marcello
Marcello Registered Users Posts: 21
Outstanding Wayfarer
I'm a big fan of my GO 6100, before I owned a GO 1005. I'm not sure if it's already possible to automatically change into the night mode when entering a tunnel (on a bright day) The systems knows when it's in a tunnel and comming could be triggered by the retreived GPS signal.

I

Comments

• BrianE
    BrianE Worcester, United KingdomRegistered Users Posts: 566
    Exalted Navigator
    As far as I am aware, it only operates on the time, which it gets from the GPS signal. However, there aren't any tunnels in my local area so I can't test my theory.
  • arichard
    arichard Registered Users Posts: 319
    Supreme Navigator
    Yes I often change to night mode during the day. Press main menu and touch the far right bottom symbol (of the moon). It toggles between day and night brightness.
  • Marcello
    Marcello Registered Users Posts: 21
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    edited April 2019
    THX, I know that I can manually change to night mode, (read my question) but it would be easier if it was automated nevertheles the device knows when I enter a tunnel or underground parking lot.
  • Tabb
    Tabb Registered Users Posts: 29
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Marcello wrote: »
    THX, I know that I can manually change to night mode, (read my question) but it would be easier if it was automated nevertheles the device knows when I enter a tunnel or underground parking lot.

Unfortunately not, previous older models had this brilliant feature but some numpty at tomtom decided to remove this and many other great features.