Lost Spark USB Cable, how may I charge it?

vcv_trailrun
vcv_trailrun Registered Users Posts: 6
Neophyte Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Been travelling to many places and sadly, I have lost the USB cable of my watch. In the official store, the cable is not available now, there is a desktop docker but doesn't mention spark as compatible (but I guess it is), and anyways, it will take a couple of weeks to arribe to Argentina.

Does anyone know how to charge it without the cable, does it respect USB pin schema in the watch? (Don't want to find out reversed pins or some joke on that line)

Can't borrow one, my friends love to complain with another brand cof cof.

I know it will void the warranty. Don't need it, don't have official support here.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,938
    Superuser
    Been travelling to many places and sadly, I have lost the USB cable of my watch. In the official store, the cable is not available now, there is a desktop docker but doesn't mention spark as compatible (but I guess it is), and anyways, it will take a couple of weeks to arribe to Argentina.

Does anyone know how to charge it without the cable, does it respect USB pin schema in the watch? (Don't want to find out reversed pins or some joke on that line)

Can't borrow one, my friends love to complain with another brand cof cof.

I know it will void the warranty. Don't need it, don't have official support here.

There is no way to charge it without the dock that I know of. Playing with the pins and attaching wires to it directly is asking to blow out the watch altogether. I would suggest calling Customer Support and seeing what they can do. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • vcv_trailrun
    Neophyte Traveler
    That is not a solution. Don't know why it is marked a solved. Anyways I will publish a guide on how to build a DIY charger replacement.

A correct answer would have been, for example, a technical user saying: positive on the left, negative on the right.

To have my watch turned off by a couple of months and wait for cable to be in stock is ok for customer (don't) care service, no for a forum.

Regards
  • MikkoK
    MikkoK Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi vcv_trailrun,

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, on this forum we can only mark one comment as an answer. I will leave tfarabaugh's comment as the answer since it's what we would recommend as well. This is of course a user forum and should another solution present itself we can change.

The dock you found is indeed for the 1st generation watches. Charging gable for Spark and Runner 2 can be found here.

Cheers, Mikko
  • vcv_trailrun
    Neophyte Traveler
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi vcv_trailrun,

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, on this forum we can only mark one comment as an answer. I will leave tfarabaugh's comment as the answer since it's what we would recommend as well. This is of course a user forum and should another solution present itself we can change.

The dock you found is indeed for the 1st generation watches. Charging gable for Spark and Runner 2 can be found here.

Cheers, Mikko

Don't worry, is just a lot of frustration. Can't accept that getting a replacement cable to be a mission ridiculously impossible.

And definitely hate when answers like sit and wait are marked as solution. Those are not solutions.

Also, link to cable in store is not a solution now, because is not available. But will be soon.... don't know when... but soon.

I will build a DIY replacement cable and publish a guide. Users deserve to know how to deal with this situations.
  • anguus24
    anguus24 Registered Users Posts: 32
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Hola vcv!! Aca en Argentina, los que comercializan el reloj es una empresa que se llama Visuar. Cuando a mi se me rompio la malla del reloj despues de 4 meses de uso desde el customer service me mandaron a comunicarme con ellos. Y me la cambiaron. Por ahi, antes de toquetear podes tirarte el lance de preguntar si no les sobra un cable. De hecho, cuando me cambiaron la malla, la sacaron de una caja con un reloj nuevo. Por ahi se puede aprovechar algo mas. La pagina creo que es visuar.com.ar
    Saludos
  • vcv_trailrun
    Neophyte Traveler
    Thanks anguus24! THIS IS THE SOLUTION!! :D
    anguus24 wrote:
    Hola vcv!! Aca en Argentina, los que comercializan el reloj es una empresa que se llama Visuar. Cuando a mi se me rompio la malla del reloj despues de 4 meses de uso desde el customer service me mandaron a comunicarme con ellos. Y me la cambiaron. Por ahi, antes de toquetear podes tirarte el lance de preguntar si no les sobra un cable. De hecho, cuando me cambiaron la malla, la sacaron de una caja con un reloj nuevo. Por ahi se puede aprovechar algo mas. La pagina creo que es visuar.com.ar
    Saludos
  • anguus24
    anguus24 Registered Users Posts: 32
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Happy to know that you read the answer. I didnt know that you can not write in another languaje.
  • johntnelson
    johntnelson Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hello, @vcv_trailrun

Did you ever manage to get a DIY charging solution or did you blow up the watch. Wanting to try something like this:

Want to hack a tomtom to have a 30hour battery life, and a charging cable they want 20 pounds for which is super expensive.

http://www.instructables.com/id/TomTom-GPS-Watch-DIY-Recharger/