See GPS position on watch — TomTom Community

See GPS position on watch

AnnDRAnnDR Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
edited November 2018 in Runner & Multi-Sport
as I am running in the Woods, it is difficult to find the starting position.
I would like a screen on my watch to see current and start gps position.
should be easy to provide

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,516
    Superusers
    AnnDR wrote:
    as I am running in the Woods, it is difficult to find the starting position.
    I would like a screen on my watch to see current and start gps position.
    should be easy to provide

This is not possible with the watch and is not likely to be added in my experience on the forums for a few years. They have not added any navigation features in the past 3 years and there really has been little demand for it, so I doubt they are going to put their resources to it with little demand. I think you would more likely see this in a future watch that may be going more for the outdoor and hiking market, that the current line-up which is primarily going for basic running and cycling. Unfortunately, TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • FDFDFDFD Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    +1 showing gps position in a menu would be 10 minutes of programming in a future firmware version.

I do not understand why tomtom do not provide some extra features, like gps position, or speed (without starting a workout). Sometimes it would be useful and would make the watch looking more sophisticated.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0