Automatic clock sync on Spark

Hiking Mode
Hiking Mode Registered Users Posts: 8
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
When I sync my Spark with the mobile App the clock is not synced.
When I use the GPS the clock is not synced.
Only when I connect to Desktop the clock is synced, and I hardly sue that type of connection.

Is there a way to sync the clock automatically via GPS or via the App ?
If not, some answers from TomTom rep would be appreciated

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    When I sync my Spark with the mobile App the clock is not synced.
    When I use the GPS the clock is not synced.
    Only when I connect to Desktop the clock is synced, and I hardly sue that type of connection.

Is there a way to sync the clock automatically via GPS or via the App ?
    If not, some answers from TomTom rep would be appreciated

Unfortunately as you discovered, the only way to sync the time is through the PC application. Since it generally holds time fairly well it does not need to be done very often. There really isn't much for a TT rep to say as it is what it is and they generally do not get on here to answer questions (this is a user forum), unless it is a technical matter or to connect a user with Support. If you want to talk to TT you are better off calling Customer support, but they are going to tell you the same thing, you can only sync the time through the PC. You can also manually set the time through the Settings menu.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • lowtech
    lowtech Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Traveler
    Yes yes but GIVE US AN OPTION!!! Is it that difficult to put an option in the clock menu so that we can manually select if we want the clock to be GPS synchronized? Give an option to choose the timezone manually - as simple as that.

I mean I understand the difficulty of fully automatic time synchronisation - you need to maintain a precise map of the countries and their timezones - and there are timezones at the half-hour too. And for people living near the border - they will be confused not knowing to which timezone their watch is synchronized and when did it switch - so you need an additional output on the display ... But we can choose the timezone manually and you sync to the gps periodically.

How's that for an innovation? I hope this comes as a firmware update.... I mean I buy a GPS watch in 2017 and I need to set the time manually .... hello