Cheapest way get a bandit for cycling — TomTom Community

Cheapest way get a bandit for cycling

ArnieA380ArnieA380 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Bandit Action Camera
Hi all I'm matt

I've been looking at getting a action camera for when I start cycling soon and the bandit seems best one so far altho iv heard a problem about sound.
Nonetheless I want to buy one but it seems I don't know which pack I should purchase the obvious one would be the bike pack but I don't want to waist money as money accessories that come with it I won't use.

All I need is the helmet strap, persume a waterproof lens and that windshield for the mic
Is their a cheaper option for me without having to buy the bike pack

Comments

• ArieHArieH Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    Sure! You can buy the base pack and buy accessories separately. For cycling you do not need the waterproof lens, because the standard lens can resist heavy rain (as a sailor I experienced no need for it). The base pack contains two helmet straps and a gopro adapter. So all you need is to buy the windshield (it filters some of the wind. In my opinion just enough to be worth the money).
  • ArnieA380ArnieA380 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi thank you very much for your reply it really helps. only one problem is i cannot seem to find anywhere to buy the mic windshield seperatly, can you help?
  • ArieHArieH Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    It's correct that it is not possible to buy the goatee (as the wind shield is called) seperately. I would contact TomTom as suggested by a TomTom representative: https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-bandit-action-camera-477/tomtom-bandit-beard-to-reduce-wind-noise-994584