Cheapest way get a bandit for cycling

ArnieA380
ArnieA380 Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 25 in TomTom Sports
Hi all I'm matt

I've been looking at getting a action camera for when I start cycling soon and the bandit seems best one so far altho iv heard a problem about sound.
Nonetheless I want to buy one but it seems I don't know which pack I should purchase the obvious one would be the bike pack but I don't want to waist money as money accessories that come with it I won't use.

All I need is the helmet strap, persume a waterproof lens and that windshield for the mic
Is their a cheaper option for me without having to buy the bike pack

Comments

• ArieH
    ArieH Registered Users Posts: 9
    Master Explorer
    Sure! You can buy the base pack and buy accessories separately. For cycling you do not need the waterproof lens, because the standard lens can resist heavy rain (as a sailor I experienced no need for it). The base pack contains two helmet straps and a gopro adapter. So all you need is to buy the windshield (it filters some of the wind. In my opinion just enough to be worth the money).
  • ArnieA380
    ArnieA380 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi thank you very much for your reply it really helps. only one problem is i cannot seem to find anywhere to buy the mic windshield seperatly, can you help?
  • ArieH
    ArieH Registered Users Posts: 9
    Master Explorer
    It's correct that it is not possible to buy the goatee (as the wind shield is called) seperately. I would contact TomTom as suggested by a TomTom representative: https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-bandit-action-camera-477/tomtom-bandit-beard-to-reduce-wind-noise-994584