Bandit - What is the cheapest or easiest way to have a functioning remote control with image monitor — TomTom Community

Bandit - What is the cheapest or easiest way to have a functioning remote control with image monitor

Wim44Wim44 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Bandit Action Camera
Recently I bought a Bandit. But I'm maybe the last person in the USA without a smartphone. I have a cellphone with Bluetooth capacity and a tablet (LG V400 with Android) with Bluetooth and WiFi. With both it looks impossible to use them as a remote control. What is the cheapest or easiest way to have a functioning remote control with image monitoring?
Wim

Comments

• AndersNordhAndersNordh Posts: 276 [Supreme Navigator]
    Hi, do you feel that you really need to monitor the image while recording? If you mount it on a straight and stable piece, and spend some trial and error shooting you should probably be fine once you get the shooting angles correct. I think it is a cool feature but I don't use in real life very much ...

Have a nice weekend!

Anders
  • Wim44Wim44 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I just discovered the trick to get it working with my tablet. Reading the manual and following instructions from this forum helps!
    But I have to check it out of reach of my router.
    With the wide angle lens pointing is easy enough outside in the open but in confined spaces I like to see what I'm covering. So a smaller gizmo than a tablet is most welcome.

Wim
  • wingsuitflyerwingsuitflyer Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Installed on ipad flawlessly. Use it weekly for professional tandem skydiving video and editing. can't comment on the android tablet though. if you are mounting the bandit on a helmet, I agree with Andersnordh. Borrow someones smart phone for half an hour, use it to live view the correct mount placement, then off you go. If you are constantly moving it around, what would be even more slick than live view, would be a small pen laser that you affixed to the bandit. Once you had the laser sighted in and firmly mounted on the bandit, it would point to center of frame at all times. (btw, this would be a nice built-in feature for a future model. another manufacturer used to produce a camera with a laser level that performed this function).