GO 5000- Does not find my current location on start up — TomTom Community

GO 5000- Does not find my current location on start up

GabrizioGabrizio Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 27 in MyDrive Connect
Despite living one the West Coast, every time I start the car, the TomTom Go 5000 comes on and starts up in Sydney. It then takes an age to realise it's in WA. How can I fix this to default the start up area.

Comments

• justbrowsingjustbrowsing Posts: 3,094 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    It probably is set to default to Sydney but only until it gets a sat fix then it "knows where it is"
    My UK device starts in the middle of London (10 odd miles from me) until it gets a fix
  • GabrizioGabrizio Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks. I appreciate what you're saying, but one would think that it would remember it's last location. I've been using TomTom for many years and they all remembered where they last were. Despite this being new and one of the most expensive models it doesn't' and always takes a long while to get a fix and get started.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Gabrizio,

Welcome to the forum!

I'd recommend you to factory reset your device by choosing Settings (cog wheel) - System - Reset - Reset. Please note, that this will delete your personal information, e.g. My Places and destination prediction data. You can save and restore My Places with MyDrive.

Please, also make sure you're using the original charger and cable provided with the device.

Should this not help you solve the issue, please contact Customer Service for further assistance.

Cheers, Mikko
  • GabrizioGabrizio Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I just did the factory reset and it appears to have worked. Thanks Mikko.