GO Mobile (Android)- Crashes while installing on Huawei P9 — TomTom Community

GO Mobile (Android)- Crashes while installing on Huawei P9

tonxtonx Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Why is the Tomtom Go app crashing while installing on my phone - Huawei P9 android V6

Comments

• tgoldtgold Posts: 2,181 [Revered Voyager]
    Do you have a microSD card installed? If yes, maybe try installing the app while that card is absent.
  • tonxtonx Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    No there isn't any SD card installed
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Ton,

Welcome to the forum!

Could you describe your issue in a bit more detail, please? Aren't you able to install the app or is it crashing when you're using it? If the latter, could you describe how this happens, please? Are you using two SIM cards on your phone?

What you could try is
    - In the phone, go to Settings > Apps > GO > Storage and tap Clear data
    - The start it again and download the map
    - Once downloaded the map, do not enable MyDrive sync

Cheers, Mikko
  • skytulip33skytulip33 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same issue but I am using Huawei Mate 9.
    The issue happened during the installation process. The installation process can start normally while you click install in google play store. When the progress bar start to move, the google play store will suddenly crash and exit, meaning that I can never finish the installation. For me, the installation crash roughly when the download finished about 26MB of the entire 80MB or so.

I have tried to clean or reset the phone but problem persists. No other app installation fail meaning it is really tomtom's issue.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi sktulip33,

Welcome to the Community!

That doesn't sound like an issue with GO Mobile to me. I'd recommend you to clear the Google PlayStore cache and try again. You can find some more troubleshooting tips here.

Cheers, Mikko