TomTom Dashcam — TomTom Community

TomTom Dashcam

walkerxwalkerx Posts: 319 [Supreme Navigator]
How about a built-in dashcam on the app that records and saves the video every 5 minutes automatically or if u have an accident.

Comments

• tgoldtgold Posts: 2,187 [Revered Voyager]
    You will find several dashcam apps in the Playstore, both paid and free. See http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/dash-cam-android-comparison/ and http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/94297/best-in-car-dashboard-camera-apps-2016 for some suggestions and recommendations.
  • walkerxwalkerx Posts: 319 [Supreme Navigator]
    I know there are apps, but t it would be good for to TomTom to add into their app, similar to a competitor who actually uses their maps, cameras and traffic
    And also the apps don't work when run in background
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi walkerx,

Thanks for your feedback! I've logged it as an improvement request for the product team.

Do you have the Run in background option selected in the settings? When you have a route planned it should continue giving you instructions and warnings when running in the background.

If this is not happening for you, please report the issue to Customer Service.

Cheers, Mikko
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,187 [Revered Voyager]
    Walkerx's comment meant that the dashcam apps he tried from the Playstore did not run in background. I suggest he looks harder.
    My comments were based on the reviews, but the auto express information was incorrect as one app they recommend isn't even on android. I'm currently testing one, but still think it would be good for the Go app to have included
  • RalphGRalphG Posts: 33 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    I've done the Dashcam app with TomTom Go running in the background and it can work. I had the best success with the Dailyroads Voyager app but I did find it somewhat inconvenient to start up both apps, TomTom Go and Dailyroads, each time. In the end I have gone to a dedicated, mounted dashcam in each of my two vehicles that starts up automatically when the vehicle is started and turns off automatically when the vehicle is shut off. The dedicated dash cams are more reliable and more stable than running a dashcam app along with TomTom Go. For me a dedicated dashcam is a far better solution.
  • ShoeboxServicesShoeboxServices Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Am I understanding this correctly, TomTom has not produced a TomTom Dashcam ? As in a built-in camera that records live video when driving?
  • Jethro001Jethro001 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited July 2020
    I cannot understand that there is not a tomtom with a built in dashboard. You are driving me to an other company (check Garmin DriveAssist 51 LMT-S Europa) for a navigator