MySports- Edit an activity

Mark99536Mark99536 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I forgot to turn off the recording on my tomtom watch when I got back in my car!

How can I edit the route to delete the drive home from my recording & get my log to be accurate?

Thanks!!

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,188 [Superusers]
    Mark99536 wrote:
    I forgot to turn off the recording on my tomtom watch when I got back in my car!

How can I edit the route to delete the drive home from my recording & get my log to be accurate?

Thanks!!

Just go into the MySports dashboard, select the activity, press the More button on the top right and select Edit. You can change the time, distance and other metrics. The map will still show the full GPS track but all the metrics for your log will be changed and accurate.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Mark99536Mark99536 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for getting back to me!

Is that the full extent of the edit that is possible? Can the map not be editted or the splits etc?

Can I export the xml and edit in manually and reimport or similar??

Thanks again.
    Mark99536 wrote:
    Thanks for getting back to me!

Is that the full extent of the edit that is possible? Can the map not be editted or the splits etc?

Can I export the xml and edit in manually and reimport or similar??

Thanks again.

That is it, you cannot crop the track or delete GPS points. You can do this in Strava and others sites but there is no way to re import it into MySports, only activities created by the watch can be imported.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • RitaViRitaVi Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    That was definitely worth knowing - thanks.
  • RitaViRitaVi Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    That was definitely worth knowing - thanks. I'm still bemused as to how Ascent & Heart Rate are derived for the final stats. (I can see how I meaningfully edit Duration & Distance, based on the final actual minute of my activity, but how about the other two)?
  • Stuart1974Stuart1974 Posts: 8 [Master Traveler]
    ive just got home and realised i'd left my tomtom turned on so my average speed is amazing.
    The down side is i have 20 mins of driving i dont want.
    after spending £190 on the runner 2 cardio music and 1 finding out i cant link it to my windows phone I now realise I cant crop the end off my data.
    its absolutely stupid.
    A free strava phone app and you can crop it yet when you actually spend the money tomtom wont let you?
    for some reason tomtom is perfectly happy sicking segments in your run. ride when I never knew they existed and yet makes it impossible to crop.
    oh, and i can edit the distance making all the data totally inaccurate, distance, time and calories burned.
    this bit is odd in the sense that tomtom are saying our data is inaccurate but our gps is amazing. feel free to use other software at the same time?
    I have been researching and support said it would be an option in the future, This post was 2015.,
    odd that.

its a bit, we have your money now go forth and dont darken the doorstep
  • KV1KV1 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Agree. Absolutely simple in -- for free -- Strava. This site won't let me fix it. Insane. Why don't you just partner with Strava instead?
  • LeandroFavaLeandroFava Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    So, we forget to turn off the activity tracking and we can not edit it to cut the undesired/wrong recorded points?

Why dont you (@siteDevelopers) improve this feature on MySports? It woult be so nice to users if they could edit the activity to cut the undesired parts of recorded track/course.

Please, think on it!!! It seems so basic needed feature we expect to have.

@users: who want this feature implemented on MySports site put the hands up!!! \o/

Thanks in advance.
  • HCNHCN Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I also have forgotten to turn off activity tracking on my sport swatch. The swatch logged the track while I was driving my car. For me it is a little pity to have no possibility to edit the activities in order to delete undesired parts of a track. Generally, the Tomtomsports site has made a quite good impression on me, but I think this feature is very basic because the distance for running, swimming, biking and so on will be modified very bad if you have forgotten to turn off the activity.
    I can only ask that this feature will be implemented on the Tomtomsports site in the near future.
    About the form of the implementation of this feature we can discuss.
    I would be happy if this function could be as simple as the rest of the site.
    Thanks in advance.
    TT has announced they are leaving the wearables market and not producing any new devices, so I would expect at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes. I would not expect much more development and certainly not something major like a new editing mode. This is something you are going to have to live with, I am afraid.
  • HCNHCN Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    TT has announced they are leaving the wearables market and not producing any new devices, so I would expect at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes.
    Ok., maybe it is better to upload the data to another website which has function for editing data. Has anybody experience with strava, endomondo and co? Which sites have the function implemented?
    HCN wrote:
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    TT has announced they are leaving the wearables market and not producing any new devices, so I would expect at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes.
    Ok., maybe it is better to upload the data to another website which has function for editing data. Has anybody experience with strava, endomondo and co? Which sites have the function implemented?

Strava allows you to crop the end of a workout only. SportTracks desktop version allows you to cut pieces out anywhere in the activity. You can also use sites like fitfiletools.com and tcxtools.com to edit the files.