Start 25- Device will not hold charge

hi i have a start 25 and it wont hold the charge i charged it up full in house and took it in car i had the TT lead plunged into car charger but after and while it went off and the battery was flat how can i fix this my daughter got a new one i tried her new lead but still not charge mine in car

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,153 Superusers
    I'd look to a faulty car outlet for starters.......
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,504 Superusers
    ann1957 wrote:
    hi i have a start 25 and it wont hold the charge i charged it up full in house and took it in car i had the TT lead plunged into car charger but after and while it went off and the battery was flat how can i fix this my daughter got a new one i tried her new lead but still not charge mine in car
    Hi
    Are you using the USB port that is installed in the Car ??? these USB ports are for transferring data and if you lucky outputs up to 500mA, the power adapter supplied by Tomtom outputs 1.2 Amps

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    car outlet is not faulty it did charge till it was just over a year old but looking on TTs site others had same problem and one said about getting a fast charger which i went to halfords and got a tom tom fast charger cost me £19.99 and now it is charging good now was not using a usb port in car was using the usb adapter that came with my tom tom that went into a cigarette lighter