GO Live 820- Does microSD card automatically upload all contents on device's internal memory? — TomTom Community

GO Live 820- Does microSD card automatically upload all contents on device's internal memory?

nickreynoldsnickreynolds Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 11 in Built in car navigation
'I have recently installed a micro SD card to expand memory because the built in memory of the device was insufficient to take additional updates. The updates were accepted but there is nothing to indicate which of the memories ( i.e. Built in and/or SD card ) is being used?

Does the SD card automatically supercede the built in memory of the device when I switch on?'.
NickR

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,579 Superuser
    @nickreynolds

You don't say which device you have, but maps are the only thing that you can place on the external card, things like POIs and speed camera locations etc are always placed on the internal memory. There are minor exceptions depending on the device.
  • nickreynoldsnickreynolds Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    THanks, Niall. my device is Go Live 820. What I need to know is if the internal memory and external memory automatically synchronize and work together when the device is guiding you on your journey?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,579 Superuser
    Nick
    With a map on the external card then, yes, both work synchronously with the guidance coming from the external map and the POI etc coming from the internal memory.
  • nickreynoldsnickreynolds Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    ManytThanks, Niall. That's what I wanted to hear. I'm shortly to put it to the test in Scandinavia! Wish me luck!
    Best to you. Nick