Spark- Possible to use the watch for TT Bandit? — TomTom Community

Spark- Possible to use the watch for TT Bandit?

DziambisDziambis Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi, I have TomTom Multisport watch and external heart rate monitor, also I have Bandit action camera. I was thinking to buy new watch with build in heart rate sensor and use it with Bandit camera.
It is possible to use new Spark watch with build in heart rate sensor with TomTom Bandit. I mean to use watch in cycling mode also connect Bandit camera that would use Spark watch as a heart rate sensor?
If no, so there is no need for new watch as I would need external heart rate monitor for Bandit.
Thanks

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,166 Superusers
    Dziambis wrote:
    Hi, I have TomTom Multisport watch and external heart rate monitor, also I have Bandit action camera. I was thinking to buy new watch with build in heart rate sensor and use it with Bandit camera.
    It is possible to use new Spark watch with build in heart rate sensor with TomTom Bandit. I mean to use watch in cycling mode also connect Bandit camera that would use Spark watch as a heart rate sensor?
    If no, so there is no need for new watch as I would need external heart rate monitor for Bandit.
    Thanks

You cannot use the Spark watch as an HR sensor for the Bandit, it does not broadcast HR signals, it just collects and records them, unfortunately, so you would need a separate belt for the Bandit.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi there,
    just picking up on this as I have just bought a Bandit and already have a Spark3 so really excited to couple the 2 together...your answer above perhaps explains why I'm not able to...
    I know I shouldn't be amazed by any flaws in TomTom products (Spark3 already had to be sent back TWICE in 12 months for repairs...) but this really is the final straw....

I SO want to like TomTom products and aesthetically love them and their claimed functionality but just falling short repeatedly - I guess that's why they are discontinuing their sports products soon (at least the watches, as I have found out on very good authority) .

So....despite having invested in one of their top of the range watches with HR monitor and their camera with HR tracking facility...neither can communicate with the other?!

Great, wonderful...

Does anyone know if Garmin do a camera or GoPro a sports-watch?

If anyone reading this knows or finds out if TomTom raising their game to acceptable levels do please let me know...:persevere: