Spark- Pairing to Bose Earbuds — TomTom Community

Spark- Pairing to Bose Earbuds

HmarmerHmarmer Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
Hi, My Bose Bluetooth Sport Ear Buds no longer connects with my TomTom Cardio/Music watch. Instead, the message I get from my buds is go to your device and select Bose. Does anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,181
    Superusers
    Hmarmer wrote:
    Hi, My Bose Bluetooth Sport Ear Buds no longer connects with my TomTom Cardio/Music watch. Instead, the message I get from my buds is go to your device and select Bose. Does anyone else have this problem?

Have you connected them with another device like a phone? BT+ is a one-to-on relationship so if another deice in the vicinity is higher up the headphones priority list it will steal the signal. Make sure there are no other BT+ devices in the area. You also may need to repair the watch and the headphones. Make sure the headphones are in pairing mode while on the clock screen and then press up to have the watch search for it (don't go into search mode on the watch first). On most headphones you need to press and hold the power button for an extended period to get into pairing (check the instructions for your headphones). Once they are paired you do not need to pair again, but make sure the headphones are turned on while on the clock screen and then press up to have the watch search for it (don't go into search mode on the watch first). This works for me every time. If I do it the other way and got to search first it often won’t find them. Finally, make sure you are not putting the headphones into pairing each time. On some models if you hold the power button for a second too long it will put it into pairing mode. For pairing purposes, leave the headphones sitting on the watch so they are as close as possible. And again, make sure you are in clock mode before going into pairing mode (just like when you turn them on to listen) and only press up once you have gotten the confirmation from the headphones that they are in pairing mode.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • HmarmerHmarmer Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Sorry, I had already done everything that you recommend. Keep in mind, it always did pair till I connected my watch yesterday to the TomTom software on my computer. That is why I am asking if anyone else has recently encountered this problem
    PS, It is not a bose problem as it will pair to my iphone.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,181
    Superusers
    Hmarmer wrote:
    PS, It is not a bose problem as it will pair to my iphone.

There was no update yesterday so nothing changed on the watch end. Just because they work on the phone does not mean it is not a Bose problem, they could have changed the BT protocols in the watch to make it incompatible with the watch. Have you recently gotten an update on the headphones? Have you turned off BT on the phone and had it forget the headphones to ensure it is not grabbing the signal before connecting it to the watch?
    No update on bose. I am unaware of any software from Bose to update. I also did the forget option.
  • Kurto2021Kurto2021 Posts: 30 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    "Just because they work on the phone does not mean it is not a Bose problem, they could have changed the BT protocols in the watch to make it incompatible with the watch."

That is the most incorrect statement ever. The reason is that Bose doesn't care if the headphones connect to the TomTom watch., they care about iOS and Android devices. If they changed something that caused the TomTom to work it is going to be up to TomTom to resolve it. Bose will not worry about such a small user base.
  • ham0088ham0088 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Im experiencing the same thing. Pairing bose with TomTom adventurer now seems non-existent. This happened after TomTom release firmware updates to watches.