MyDrive App (iOS)- Saving My Routes — TomTom Community

MyDrive App (iOS)- Saving My Routes

craigrichesNLcraigrichesNL Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Is there a reason why you cant save planned routes in the iOs MyDrive app in the same way that you can with the web browser version?
Also, I though the routes would sync across all devices. So, if I planned a route on my Mac and saved the route, that same saved route would appear on my iPad or iPhone app version.

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,208 Moderator
    Hi craigrichesNL

Welcome to the forum and sorry about the late reply..

The feature to save a route is only available for the web based version of MyDrive. Unfortunately the saved route will not show in MyDrive app(smart phone), I am logging this as an improvement request to be passed on to our technical team.

Regards
    Vikram
  • mohitosmohitos Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi - is this feature live yet?
  • crispeycrispey Posts: 26 [Outstanding Explorer]
    VikramK wrote:
    Hi craigrichesNL

Welcome to the forum and sorry about the late reply..

The feature to save a route is only available for the web based version of MyDrive. Unfortunately the saved route will not show in MyDrive app(smart phone), I am logging this as an improvement request to be passed on to our technical team.

Regards
    Vikram
    Well? It's been a year any news yet? I use a tomtom on my bike and in the car and it would be good to get my routes accessed and useable on my iphone
  • doc2730doc2730 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    What brain dead marketing puke thought it was a good idea to release My Drive on iOS without providing a connection to the iOS GO app? Nice feature very poor execution!
  • Lee RLee R Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    This is the only reason I have the mobile app. It's one of the easiest ways to plan a complex route then transfer it to the mobile to navigate. I purchased the app just for this feature but it's not working on IOS. I'm using a older slower phone with Android for now but would much prefer it on the quicker (and waterproof) Iphone.

If possible please make this a priority.
  • jv0901jv0901 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I too am very frustrated with this, I opened a case with Tomtom customer support and they have again proposed it as an improvement (won't hold my breath).

According to the online chat, it is an apple policy which is preventing sharing the route. I personally think that's a load of rubbish. If they can share individual favourites or "My Places" and they sync with the TomTom Go Mobile app for iOS, then I really don't see why routes cant be backed-up and shared.
  • LevispLevisp Posts: 74 [Supreme Navigator]
    Agree with the comments above. If you can have this functionality on an Android then why not on IOS. Come on TomTom.
  • GATYFADIYAGATYFADIYA Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I though the routes would sync across all devices. So, if I planned a route on my Mac and saved the route, that same saved route would appear on my iPad or iPhone app version.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,253
    Superuser
    edited December 2019
    Hi @GATYFADIYA

I assume that as Tomtom were able to facilitate the ability for MyPlaces and My Routes to work in the Android App that they would wish the same to occur in the IOS App. One has to wonder if Apple will not allow the same facility in the IOS version.

Doug
  • GATYFADIYAGATYFADIYA Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited December 2019
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @GATYFADIYA

I assume that as Tomtom were able to facilitate the ability for MyPlaces and My Routes to work i rufusn the Android App that they would wish the same to occur in the IOS App. One has to wonder if Apple will no uc browsert allow the same facility in the IOS version.

Doug

One has to wonder if A filezillapple will not allow the same facility in the IOS version.