Bandit Camera- Does not start/turn on — TomTom Community

Bandit Camera- Does not start/turn on

mstuczkomstuczko Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Bandit Action Camera
I turned on TomTom Bandit - ok.
I turned it off - ok.
I connected audio cable.
I am trying to turn on the camera - no good. No reaction.
I disconnected everything. I opened, closed, tried to turn on - failed.
At home I noticed that camera is hot. Opened, let that cool down.
Camera does not turn on.
Battery stick connected to computer - works fine.
Battery stick in camera - turn on = failed.

Any hint here?

M.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,732
    Superusers
    mstuczko wrote:
    I turned on TomTom Bandit - ok.
    I turned it off - ok.
    I connected audio cable.
    I am trying to turn on the camera - no good. No reaction.
    I disconnected everything. I opened, closed, tried to turn on - failed.
    At home I noticed that camera is hot. Opened, let that cool down.
    Camera does not turn on.
    Battery stick connected to computer - works fine.
    Battery stick in camera - turn on = failed.

Any hint here?

M.

I would suggest calling Customer Support and seeing what they can do. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • opaca91opaca91 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hey mstuczko,

have you solved your problem? I have the exact same problem, and dont know what to do...
  • mstuczkomstuczko Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes = replaced. As advised I called the service desk. I explained my problem, as listed above. My problem was logged, I got instructions, I printed a box label, went to post office, mailed (free for me). I got replacement.
    Replacement, at first glance, may not look as original, but it is fine for me. It is working, recording, all ok.

I am satisfied customer. :)

Although I would like to see separate holes for power and for audio in... Or ONE cable to camera with two connectors for power and audio (Y-type).
  • ManMangoManMango Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My camera has also stopped responding to powering on. Bat stick fine (tested in my second camera)

Problem is I never registered my products for warranty or anything like that. Did you when you purchased? Did you have any problems with initially getting support? Am I going to need to dig out old receipts etc?

I read somewhere they have a two year warranty and i purchased mine just over a year ago.
  • mstuczkomstuczko Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I registered it as soon as I unpacked. I had no receipt, as it was a gift.
    Simply try to call the service line. Good luck.